Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Axis T22 Bimini Fabric Replacement

calistang1966

I am purchasing a 2015 T22 and the bimini fabric needs to be replaced or repaired.  Does anyone know where the best to place to get this done would be? Is there a website that sells replacement fabric ready to be put on the frame?  Can they be patched by local upholstery shops?

This is my first wakeboat and i have done a ton of research online but cant seem to figure this one out.  Thanks!

google up "boat canvas near me" or something like that.  That will lead you to a local shop who can help out.

Or, figure out the name/brand of the bimini that you are looking to replace (probably either commercial sewing or great lakes) and reach out to them to inquire.  I've got a 2016 that developed a tiny tear (say 3/4").  I reached out to the manufacturer of our bimini (great lakes) and they quoted me around $775, when they get the canvas in sometime in the fall they hope.  I was told that they were not accepting orders till that time.

wow $775 just for the canvas.  Seems crazy but welcome to the wake board boat life.  Yeah i was going to check with some local places as well and see what options there are.  I just thought it would be a more off the shelf thing that it really is.  Thanks for the info

• 4 weeks later...

So to circle back on this thread, Great Lakes got back to me to let me know that they are finally catching up on consumer orders and will be able to start shipping replacement canvas.  They also let me know that the price has gone up.  Now the canvas alone costs $930.

We decided to pull the canvas off, sew up the tiny tear that was developing, and put an american flag patch over the top of it.  Mucho cheaper solution.

Edited by shawndoggy
  • Like 2