Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Correct water temp sensor

I'm changing the temp sensor on my 2001 monsoon 330 HP, (the one for the gauge).  It has a threaded stud for the wire connection.  There is a Sierra temp snesor that looks the same, but does anyone know if it will work?  I went to the auto parts store and tried to match it up, but they all have spade or clip on connectors, also the guy there said he thought the marine sensors have a different resistance.

Anyone know if the Sierra will work?

On 9/19/2021 at 4:36 PM, iliketoski said:

I'm changing the temp sensor on my 2001 monsoon 330 HP, (the one for the gauge).  It has a threaded stud for the wire connection.  There is a Sierra temp snesor that looks the same, but does anyone know if it will work?  I went to the auto parts store and tried to match it up, but they all have spade or clip on connectors, also the guy there said he thought the marine sensors have a different resistance.

Anyone know if the Sierra will work?

This one

https://www.bakesonline.com/indmar-oil-pressure-switch-sensor.html

or this one

https://www.bakesonline.com/indmar-oil-pressure-sending-unit-sensor.html

You can use the part numbers to google and find them cheaper.

Careful not to break the brass tee off when you remove and replace the sensor(s).... but if you do the replacement parts can be found in this thread.

Edited by BlindSquirrel

I found it by googling the number that was on the side of the nut head (after I got the paint off), surprisingly its only$13 from the manufacturer, but won't ship for 30 days.  I was surprised the dealer actually sells it for $18, which is what I'm going to do.  Discount inboard marine had the same part for $30, ridiculous over double the price, and it was exactly the same part, it had the same number on the side in the picture.

Bakes has one that looks like the right one, but it says for the LS1 and its a different nut size.

Oh well, just getting from the dealer.  I still wonder if the Sierra/Mercruiser part would work, but ended up being about the same price.