Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A new HD Suburban

gregtay

They need to bring the 2500 suburban back.  

I've had 3 or 4.  Currently have a 91 and 03(dmax swapped).

I always have more need for dry/secure cargo area than a truck bed, and want legit tow capacity.

2500 Burb's are the best solution.  

18 minutes ago, dhcomp said:

They need to bring the 2500 suburban back.  

I've had 3 or 4.  Currently have a 91 and 03(dmax swapped).

I always have more need for dry/secure cargo area than a truck bed, and want legit tow capacity.

2500 Burb's are the best solution.  

I agree.  They weren't huge sellers though.  I don't recall how long ago, be prior to them being entirely discontinued you could order one but they stopped that.  I just don't recall which year that was.  Same is true with the Ford Excursion.  It's why you see the aftermarket converting super duties into modern day Excursions.  It's just expensive. 

On 9/17/2021 at 10:41 AM, Slayer said:

I agree.  They weren't huge sellers though.  I don't recall how long ago, be prior to them being entirely discontinued you could order one but they stopped that.  I just don't recall which year that was.  Same is true with the Ford Excursion.  It's why you see the aftermarket converting super duties into modern day Excursions.  It's just expensive. 

We have a local shop that does the excursion conversions. 

He is booked out quite a while and the costs of the conversions are insane and bad azz. 

http://www.customautosbytim.com/index.html

7 minutes ago, cowwboy said:

We have a local shop that does the excursion conversions. 

He is booked out quite a while and the costs of the conversions are insane and bad azz. 

http://www.customautosbytim.com/index.html

They are bad!!  BUT !!!!  $125k not including the truck puts you at close to 200k!?!?!?  That's just a bit pricey for my blood. 

4 hours ago, Slayer said:

They are bad!!  BUT !!!!  $125k not including the truck puts you at close to 200k!?!?!?  That's just a bit pricey for my blood. 

Mine to. But there are people out there getting them built. 

I know after they changed to the aluminum body he was scattering to figure out a new design. 

They even have some special deal with Ford that they can tune custom stuff for the conversions using ford software.

For small town Guthrie Oklahoma he makes some crazy stuff. 

I used to get parts from him. He was hands down the cheapest junk yard for anything a 7.3 or 6.0 from the old excursions.