Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

help me find a part

shawndoggy

Somehow over the years I lost one two of the plastic t nuts that holds the main engine divider panel in place in the rear locker of my T22.  The one nut has been going above and beyond for the last couple of seasons and keeps the panel where it should be, but it does "flop out" by a couple of inches where the missing T nut should be.

Does anyone know where I can find one of these to order online?

The Ace Hardware by my house has these.  Looks like it is what you are looking for.  They had a couple of bins with different sizes.  Not sure what thread size is needed.

0BACCE1F-0F0A-4E9A-8E7B-B428C53E1212.jpeg

Edited by SurfNAZ
Cropped photo
  • Like 2
28 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

The one that @Kojak suggested arrived on Friday. It was about 40% of the size I thought it would be (it’s small!) but it looks like it is going to work for now. I’ll keep the ace parts bin in mind tho @SurfNAZ!

Are you looking for a threaded knob or a toggle that just rotates?

3 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

Here’s what the @Kojak part looks like installed. The original part was a big T, but served the same purpose. 

07B824C9-5FAA-487E-AF73-184A02C7C83E.jpeg

A toggle then, more like a Sea-Dog 324210?

https://sea-dog.com/groups/2535-windshield-latch is the wholesale page, but it shows dimensions.  They are available for a few bucks at several retailers as 324210-1. 

Amazon wants $8 for one if that price doesn't bug you.  I quit using them since "Prime" is now one week delivery for me rather than two days.  They hold everything five or six days and then send it next day.  Stupid.

2 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

Here’s what the @Kojak part looks like installed. The original part was a big T, but served the same purpose. 

07B824C9-5FAA-487E-AF73-184A02C7C83E.jpeg

Since this is now "The Kojak Part," I expect royalties on every sale. :biggrin:

Edited by Kojak