Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast bag port repair?

dalt1

I use Gearaid SeamGrip for my dry suit seal replacement and neoprene repair. Similar to shoe goo or aqua seal, maybe a bit more flexible. Can find larger 8 oz tubes for about $25.  Worth a try if no one else has a better solution.

8 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Does Ronix make the Malibu branded bags?

It looks like Ronix made the bag in your pic.  Malibu has FlyHigh, Ronix, and WakeMakers bags listed in the recommended PNP ballast application chart they provide to dealers.

the reason this stuff happens is too short of lengths of ballast hose and combined possibly with 90’s where straight quick connects should be or vice versa combined with over filling of sacs

i lengthened my hoses to loop away from their quick connect and loop back to the port with the correct choice of quick connect.  i am no longer tearing bag port seams

13 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Does 5200 stay flexible?

no, but it hasn't leaked since the repair in Spring 2020.  i do make sure not to overfill it and test the limits, but i always have had that bag nice and full and no issues since.

11 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

the reason this stuff happens is too short of lengths of ballast hose and combined possibly with 90’s where straight quick connects should be or vice versa combined with over filling of sacs

i lengthened my hoses to loop away from their quick connect and loop back to the port with the correct choice of quick connect.  i am no longer tearing bag port seams

This is on the engineered Plug and play from factory with Malibu bags. Shouldn't have to reengineer it! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dalt1 said:

This is on the engineered Plug and play from factory with Malibu bags. Shouldn't have to reengineer it! 

i installed my sacs so its on me and my sumos are rectangle 50x20x20 so not engineered for my locker.  wake makers recommended this after i was doing same to my sacs, when overfilled the binds create the problem 

• 3 months later...

My front bag 650 has this same exact leak. 2015 A24. The issue I have is the 90 degree fitting when filling all the same hits the bottom of the front cushions. Over time it has caused the issue. 
what have u guys done to fix this? Some patch????? I really don’t want to buy another bag. 
The end of summer I just filled it 1/2 way to avoid water leaking. But would be nice to at least try a cheap fix