Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Proper engine cover strut mount for 2001 Response - photos or rec's requested

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could post a photo or two of their engine cover strut mounts for a 2001 Response or anything close.  Previous owner removed them and after a couple years I'm tired of propping up seat cushions behind it.  Thanks.  Bakes shows mounts that don't match up with the holes that I have.  Also, what length are yours when open?  Bakes recommends 17" for engine cover, but 20" for ski locker, and my ski locker seems perfectly vertical with 17" struts.

Thank you.

Thank you Chaabo and JustGary!

Yes, I do need the brackets.  I'm not seeing the one on the cover itself very well so can't tell the shape, but it looks to have three screw holes in line in your photo. Is that what they refer to as a 90 degree?  The one on the floor in your photo looks to be what the sellers describe as a 1" (bottom to center of ball, I think).  Also, do you just pry old struts off the ball on the hardware or is there something to squeeze or move on the strut to get it off the ball?  

Thank you very much.

Edited by Gara

As I recall, you just pop the top outward a bit and it will release the ball.  I would use stainless mounts and screws, but you can cheap out if you want to.  I found these in stainless for only a bit more than rustbucket steel:

Bottom mount: Sierra GS62870

Top mount: Sierra GS62850