Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 T23 stalling and not starting

I have a 2019 T23 that i bought new, has 240 hours and has been serviced per the owners manual. I recently am having issues with my Axis stalling out when I'm at driving under throttle as well as it has not started when I've turned it off during re-fuel or just when floating.. The issue os VERY random as there is no rhyme to reason when it decides to stall out or go into idle when at speed, or just not start at all, etc.. 

I have had it gone through by my Malibu dealer and they are certain it is an electrical issue and have gone and verified all battery connections throughout are tight and have also started checking each electrical connection, 1 by 1...  Basically have told me that when they un-plugged and re-plugged in the main wiring harness the issue has of not starting and stalling under throttle has stopped...

Going through different Malibu crew posts I have seen several that support the theory that there was an issue with several 2019 main wiring harnesses and once these were replaced with new ones the issue was fixed..

I also saw some fixes that had to do with starter relays that were intermittently going bad..

I use my Axis at Lake Powell only so it not starting or stalling 35 miles from Bullfrog, etc., is and can be a major issue..

Does anyone have any support on the above theory's and or other potential fixes for this problem?

I'm grabbing the boat from the dealer today to bring it back home and checking things over myself, I will double check this to make sure all is tight..

Thank you for the feed back!