Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf Gate wont work

I have a 2013 21 VLX. I cant get the surf gates to work. I have replaced the control module and relay, been through the calibration and service modes multiple times and nothing makes them work. I disconnected the actuators and applied a remote battery source and both sides extended. (Cant get them to retract). All the wire connections seem to be good and not corroded. Any other ideas?

@JLH

when jumping from battery does the non working gate have an inconsistent sound during full stroke out and in, where the working gate will have a consistent strong sound throughout stroke in snd out?

if so its bad even though it jumps in and out

the power from a raw source (battery) vs that of signal from control box is much higher than the box and overcomes the issue inside the actuator

my bad actuator tested good on a clamp volt meter under straight batt power but was not good and i had the inconsistent sound

by the way, never think its the single relay when one side works, its almost never the relay.  this gen1 SG system only has one relay.  if one side works, the relay is good  

edit: your title fooled me (gate singular) .  if both not working then try to see if one has the strong consistent sound when jumping from batts 

but when both or one of mine wouldn't work , the new relay didn't solve it, that relay is pretty dependable 

Edited by granddaddy55