Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

bedline your trailer

hawaiianstyln

I think the newer Malibu trailers come bedlined now?  I'm thinking about bedlining my 08 Boatmate painted trailer this winter and was curious if anyone has bedlined their trailer themselves.  Pics?  If I can, I'm hoping to roll it on slowly in sections over the winter

They call it elite shield and it’s been around for a while, all white trailers have had this coating for a while, and you can get it on the fenders too

im curious if it’s harder to keep a white elite shield trailer cleaner than black? Because of the texture.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Stevo said:

They call it elite shield and it’s been around for a while, all white trailers have had this coating for a while, and you can get it on the fenders too

im curious if it’s harder to keep a white elite shield trailer cleaner than black? Because of the texture.

@Raimie doesn’t trailer a ton but has an all white trailer with elite shield. Maybe she can help. I can’t think of any one else off the top of my head right now. If I recall correctly it still has a gloss to it so should wipe down pretty good.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Stevo said:

If you don’t keep up with it it can end up looking a little bit yellow or brown as the dirt gets stuck in it. I’ve had white, blue and black elite shield blue seems the cleanest. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

@Raimie doesn’t trailer a ton but has an all white trailer with elite shield. Maybe she can help. I can’t think of any one else off the top of my head right now. If I recall correctly it still has a gloss to it so should wipe down pretty good.

I have white elite shield.  I can't compare it to black as I haven't had that but certainly I love it over a painted trailer and I haven't found keeping it clean to be difficult.   Granted, my boat is normally on a lift, but I never look at my trailer and think it looks dingy or is tough to clean because of the elite shield.

• Like 2

nice side by side!  I would love to go white, but if I'm in a muddy river that might be a fail on my end to go white then.  I think white would look awesome, but only if it's absolutely clean all the time.  So keeping up with the cross members and other areas that you wouldn't normally wipe down or try and get to after a day on the water, I would suspect that would be a PITA to keep up with.

FWIW, I have a Ranger fishing boat in addition to my Malibu.  Ranger has used bedliner type material on their trailers for years.  My boat has it.  I like the fact that unlike my Malibu trailer, I can't see any of the road rash.  But to me, the trailer never looks clean.  Take it for what it's worth, as I didn't buy the boat new (it's a 2006), and I have no idea how the previous owner(s) took care of it.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2021 at 11:08 AM, ahopkinsVTX said:

I just use a soft bristle brush on it with some boat soap twice a year and it cleans right up. It is stored outside while my boat is on the hoist. Now it's been 4 seasons and it still looks great. I do powerwash the gatorstep on the trailer once a season as well.

Edited by Raimie

Our last boat had white elite shield and the new one will be as well.  I was one of those guys that waxed my trailer every year and it looked great but was more painful than waxing the boat.  Now I don't have to do that.  We do the same as Raimie and use a soft bristle long handled car wash brush with soap and water and hose it off and it looks great after a long trip of dusty roads.  

I prefer the white as you lose the glossy look of a painted trailer and to me the black doesn't look as good if you have a black hull to contrast it.