Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 Sportster 310 Vortec ? The Accelerator pump stuck?

Started boat this morning fired right up idled  fine, when I throttled up the pull skier. The motor just died but if I pulled up as he is slowly motor came up to speed ran fine. I open up the engine cover I saw purple on one of the bolts near the accelerator  pump . I remove the flame arrester with the motor shut off had my friend punch the throttle like pulling a skier up. The spring on the arm that moves the Accelerator pump Compressed but the accelerator  pump arm did not move. When I try to move the arm down by hand to operate the accelerator pump The arm does not move and it leaks a little gas. I’ve ordered a new  accelerator pump in the gaskets for the bowl. The carburetor is a Holly I’m not sure what the number is.

It should be the 4150.  At least that was stock on my 1998 310hp.

if I remember correctly, it has separate fuel lines to each bowl and a vacuum secondary which is kind of rare when searching a marine 4150.  Most have mechanical secondaries.

55 minutes ago, cla10beck said:

if I remember correctly, it has separate fuel lines to each bowl and a vacuum secondary which is kind of rare when searching a marine 4150.  Most have mechanical secondaries.

55 minutes ago, cla10beck said:

But what is the cfm

31 minutes ago, 6Ball said:

But what is the cfm

600 cfm

You can also find the more detailed model number stamp on the butterfly to identify the carb and lookup on Holley's site.

Edited by cla10beck
added more info
23 hours ago, Steve B. said:

Sure sounds like you are onto the right diagnosis. My guess is now would be a good time to rebuild that whole thing?

Steve B.

Steve I found a carburetor rebuild shop that will tear down the carburetor. They are going to replace all the components for around 250 bucks. They are very reputable company.