Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thru Hull Strainer

Hi All,

I have a 97 Response lx and noticed the thru hull strainer is damaged.

I have called a few Malibu dealers, but no luck identifying the correct replacement part due to age of boat.

Any suggestions for whom to contact for support would be greatly appreciated!

3 hours ago, sooch said:

Hi All,

I have a 97 Response lx and noticed the thru hull strainer is damaged.

I have called a few Malibu dealers, but no luck identifying the correct replacement part due to age of boat.

Any suggestions for whom to contact for support would be greatly appreciated!

I presume you mean the bronze inlet/strainer.  Probably 1-1/4".  This may not be an exact replacement; shop carefully.

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/groco-hi-speed-strainer-with-nut-79054.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwvuGJBhB1EiwACU1AibJ6joZQpn00UQDlXUgTiHC9eB-dfyXiiqatepuWkSR21kivCOcS4hoCQB4QAvD_BwE

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 11:34 AM, sooch said:

Hi All,

Finally snapped a picture.  I had a tough time getting a measurement under the boat, but it is approximately 4.5 inches long by 3 inches wide.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0j5tf_bM5nRRxO9CCe6YqUZ6g#Negley

Thanks in advance!

So it looks like the one @justgary posted will work then. You measured "C" and "D" in their diagram. Now you need to measure the "thread NPS" to confirm the one you need. Which is the diameter of the threaded piece through the hull.