Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 lsv247 overheating

My 2011 lsv247 with lsa6.2l supercharger motor had warning light come on after only going 100yards from dock then at about 400yards over heating warning came on. 

ran great last week with no issues. 

wonder if something was sucked up into the impeller ? it was replaced 7 months ago by dealer.

where is the impeller located on this motor?

See this thread:  You have two possible issues: open up the impeller housing and see if your impeller is still in one piece.  If it isn't, you'll need to replace it. You'll also need to disconnect the hose leading to the transmission cooler and put a vacuum in there to suck out all the broken pieces of impeller and whatever else is stuck in there. 

I'll add that sometimes the impeller failure is that the brass shaft has debonded from the neoprene rubber, so although the impeller looks pristine, it has completely failed.  Also, some engines and/or impeller types such as the Globe 100J "run dry" impeller are prone not priming immediately after dunking and need a throttle bump to prime the system.  I'd replace the impeller on general principle and see if you can duplicate.