Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Let's see those 2022 25 LSV waves!

4mc

Pics have been trickling out as people receive their new boats.  But we have seen very little of the wave these boats can throw up.

Please post some 2022 25 LSV wave and surf pics.   We are hungry, feed us!

Edited by 4mc
Typo

Ok, to be honest.  I just dropped 200k on a boat and I am hoping for a great surf experience.  

Of the several people who have now received their 25 LSV, I have yet to hear any one expressing any level of being stoked about the wave, or shared pics.

Instead, we have heard alot of chat about colors schemes.

I may be a neanderthal, but when a group of men focus on color schemes and are silent on the physical experience, I get nervous.

Maybe it is because I am a former ocean surfer, where wave height and shape was all that matters.  

• Like 4
ahopkins22LSV
12 hours ago, 4mc said:

Ok, to be honest.  I just dropped 200k on a boat and I am hoping for a great surf experience.  

Of the several people who have now received their 25 LSV, I have yet to hear any one expressing any level of being stoked about the wave, or shared pics.

I may be a neanderthal, but when a group of men focus on color schemes and are silent on the physical experience, I get nervous.

Maybe it is because I am a former ocean surfer, where wave height and shape was all that matters.  

There have been quite a few posts out there that it has one of the best wakes people have every been on. Ever since the redesigned 25 came out in 2016, it has been a clear favorite for many many people. I would not worry at all, especially since there are very few out in the wild right now. I can only think of two on this entire forum and I am pretty sure both of those owners have raved about the wave.

I am pretty sure that I passed one last week on I-26 near Chapin SC (it was on the other side of the interstate) ... I am guessing that it may have been been being delivered to Captains Choice Marine... But, it was on a trailer being pulled by a Dually and it was in shrink wrap... It did have the kink in the rub rail which leads me to think it was a 25LSV....Hopefully whoever gets it can reply.. 

Put 10 break in hours on the boat over the past 3 days. If there is such a thing as a $200k wave then this is it, cause it’s more wave than I’ll ever be able to handle.

And on the bright side, given my fancy color pattern/scheme + Malibu’s supply/production struggles + runaway inflation, the boat will be worth the same or more by next spring if I decide I don’t like it. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, DFW said:

Put 10 break in hours on the boat over the past 3 days. If there is such a thing as a $200k wave then this is it, cause it’s more wave than I’ll ever be able to handle.

And on the bright side, given my fancy color pattern/scheme + Malibu’s supply/production struggles + runaway inflation, the boat will be worth the same or more by next spring if I decide I don’t like it. 😁

Stoked to hear about the wave.  Any pics?

3 hours ago, DFW said:

Nowhere near enough time to dial the boat in and less than ideal Lake Texoma late afternoon conditions, but here you go. Full ballast, 4 crew, Wedge 1, 11.5 mph, LT4 w/2805 (speed prop).

https://share.icloud.com/photos/03YI_Y7sWJj0bPExGpH2Ocfpg

Try your wedge at 4-5 and speed around 11.1-11.2.  You will have taller wave with more push.  

10 hours ago, shenard said:

Try your wedge at 4-5 and speed around 11.1-11.2.  You will have taller wave with more push.  

A little bird told me we have darn near identical boats. Which prop are you running with the LT4?

It’s massive with a lot of room to play. Im pretty sure you could ride the second wave too. Pics never do the waves justice

Don’t understand Malibu presets though. Unless I have a lot of people on the boat, I can’t imagine surfing at 11.6.

At 225 pounds, I have to fully weight the boat and have the wedge on at least 4 with speed about 11.0

Probably need to move to a skim board

I try to be super courteous of other boats because the waves are so big. Also, in a narrower slough the follow up rollers will just destroy good water for everyone else.

Wakeboard wake, yes I still wakeboard, on intermediate is the  biggest I’ve ever seen. Had to take it down a notch.  It’s just a rocket launcher

Edited by BarliBear
1 hour ago, BarliBear said:

It’s massive with a lot of room to play. Im pretty sure you could ride the second wave too. Pics never do the waves justice

Don’t understand Malibu presets though. Unless I have a lot of people on the boat, I can’t imagine surfing at 11.6.

At 225 pounds, I have to fully weight the boat and have the wedge on at least 4 with speed about 11.0

Probably need to move to a skim board

I try to be super courteous of other boats because the waves are so big. Also, in a narrower slough the follow up rollers will just destroy good water for everyone else.

Wakeboard wake, yes I still wakeboard, on intermediate is the  biggest I’ve ever seen. Had to take it down a notch.  It’s just a rocket launcher

Sounds awesome.  Post some pics or video.  Never had an issue judging wave size.  

Especially easy when there is a surfer on the wave because you have a point of reference in the pic.

Edited by 4mc

I feel like pics of waves can be so deceiving.  Plus, they never show how much push or how surf friendly the wave is.  

I have to admit, I am surprised you guys are surfing so slow.  When our 23 is loaded up (gas and adults) we are at 11.4.  I would think I would be bumping +12 in this hog.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, 4mc said:

Are you surfing stock ballast and plug in play, or adding some lead under the seats?

Stock and PIP. No lead yet. Tried moving people to simulate additional weight. I’ve been told 150 to 300 lbs under the observer seat is ideal. Seems like that will prove to be true. Expect to make considerable progress this coming weekend.

1 hour ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I have to admit, I am surprised you guys are surfing so slow.  When our 23 is loaded up (gas and adults) we are at 11.4.  I would think I would be bumping +12 in this hog.

This seems to be true also. Faster (11.8, surf left) cleaned up the wave. Dealer made a point at delivery to recommend surfing faster (11.6 to 12.2)

On 9/5/2021 at 5:28 PM, 4mc said:

Totally agree. There are many strong opinions on this forum about the "best wave", but try to get anyone to post a video showcasing a wave from any boat! Maybe we're both neanderthals but I'm with you, it's all about the wave. So when you get yours unboxed we all expect you to share a lot of videos!

1 hour ago, TwoMargaritasPlease said:

Totally agree. There are many strong opinions on this forum about the "best wave", but try to get anyone to post a video showcasing a wave from any boat! Maybe we're both neanderthals but I'm with you, it's all about the wave. So when you get yours unboxed we all expect you to share a lot of videos!

Will be sure to do!  

I have just over 20 hours on mine now and do have some photos I just don’t have them on a url to post them. Stock ballast with Wakemakers 580lb pnp bags.  I feel the boat likes speed, but it surfs well from 10.8 up. I’ve found the best wave for skim style to be 11.8-12 with the wedge at 3.  It is my hands down favorite wave and boat to date, over even the M240, and I honestly think if I play with it more it will be better as the most people I’ve had in the boat when surfing is 4. The wave is long, clean, and has a nice lip.  

At slower speeds I feel the wave is similar to the M220, which was my last boat, and impressed me as it was better than my last 25, but once I bumped up the speed it was a whole  new level.   As was mentioned do not just stick to the presets. If you demo one see if you can use surf band and play with the speeds as the wake changes drastically depending on speed and since dealers have very limited experience with the 25 there are not many dialed waves. Also make sure your pnp bags are full. My pumps shut off before the bags are 100% so I have to hit fill a few extra times to get them topped off (I was told they have a software update coming out for this).

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Wkerat said:

I have just over 20 hours on mine now and do have some photos I just don’t have them on a url to post them. Stock ballast with Wakemakers 580lb pnp bags.  I feel the boat likes speed, but it surfs well from 10.8 up. I’ve found the best wave for skim style to be 11.8-12 with the wedge at 3.  It is my hands down favorite wave and boat to date, over even the M240, and I honestly think if I play with it more it will be better as the most people I’ve had in the boat when surfing is 4. The wave is long, clean, and has a nice lip.  

At slower speeds I feel the wave is similar to the M220, which was my last boat, and impressed me as it was better than my last 25, but once I bumped up the speed it was a whole  new level.   As was mentioned do not just stick to the presets. If you demo one see if you can use surf band and play with the speeds as the wake changes drastically depending on speed and since dealers have very limited experience with the 25 there are not many dialed waves. Also make sure your pnp bags are full. My pumps shut off before the bags are 100% so I have to hit fill a few extra times to get them topped off (I was told they have a software update coming out for this).

If you hit fill all, the pumps stay on until you turn them off

4 minutes ago, Stevo said:

If you hit fill all, the pumps stay on until you turn them off

This was true on all my boats through 2020, but not on the M220 or this 25. I spoke to Malibu about it and was told they programmed  them to shut off after a set delay once they hit 100% because people were leaving them on and destroying pumps.  They are working on a update to extend the time though.

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, Wkerat said:

Easiest way to post pictures is becomes a supporting member and then you can upload directly from your phone or computer. 

Or you can use a third party site to host and then post here. 
https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/forums/topic/63314-how-to-post-a-pictureimage/

11 hours ago, Wkerat said:

I have just over 20 hours on mine now and do have some photos I just don’t have them on a url to post them. 

Keep in mind that photos can be deceptive, videos show a more accurate story. You just need a free youtube account, click a button to upload, click another button to copy, then paste here.