Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding coffin and optional fill bag to existing piggyback bag

Argonaut

Hi!

I have an 08 23 LSV with the 910 wakemakers rear piggyback bags plumbed in (it was done by prior owner so I am assuming for now, that they used the std wakemakers kit). Typically, it’s just myself, wife and 10 year old son so we add lot’s of ballast :) .

1/ I am finding that I use an observer side coffin ballast bag 100% of the time - what fittings do I need to connect it into the filing/draining of the observer side rear bag to automate it’s filling and draining with that side? Perhaps with a bypass value just in case I need to turn it off?

2/ I also, most of the time, use another 380 lb bag on top of the rear seat..is it practical to add flexible hose with a manual on/off/bypass value to fill this bag?

3/ What’s the first step to making the pumps faster filing and draining? Do I need to update both the pumps, hose and hoses or is there an intermediate step of just faster pumps?

I would add an additional reversible pump with a y valve to fill the additional bags.  Wakemakers sells a kit with everything included like this one that shows almost everything you need.

https://www.wakemakers.com/wakemakers-complete-reversible-ballast-system.html

I would probably do a custom one since you need a y valve, more 1" hose and no vent line.  As a supporter you get the discount code to save on this.