Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

95 sunsetter - no bow rails?

Sunsettergod

I’m going to check out a 95 sunsetter. Has the 454 and EFI. Everything seems good, but I noticed it doesn’t have Bow rails. I don’t see holes or attachment points in the front. Could you order them without bow rails? It just seems kind of strange, is there was a typical reason to remove them. No tower or aftermarket reason that I can see.

Edited by Sunsettergod
Grammar

Not sure if you could order it that way or not but I had a shed collapse on mine a few winters ago due to snow. It bent one of the bow rails and cracked some fiberglass up front so I had the glass guy remove both rails and fill the holes since you can't get replacements. I had him put in pop up cleats for attachment points. Up close you can still see where the holes were patched so you might take a better look in person to confirm.