Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What was the name of the V-Drive barefoot boat, early to mid 90's?

DPL

The last iteration of the Corvette was VD.

I'm quite confident he's referring to ski-pro "extreme".  Although technically it was an I/O, not a Vdrive.  At the barefoot races they're the only boats competitive.  I remember that during WS magazine testing in the 90s they could actually get it on plane in reverse, lol.

This is probably a lost cause.  The OP has copied and pasted the exact same question in at least two other threads.  Including "Lets see those 2022 Malibu & Axis Boats!"

Edited by Hemmy
4 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

The last iteration of the Corvette was VD.

I'm quite confident he's referring to ski-pro "extreme".  Although technically it was an I/O, not a Vdrive.  At the barefoot races they're the only boats competitive.  I remember that during WS magazine testing in the 90s they could actually get it on plane in reverse, lol.

@85 BarefootI thought 2000 was the last yr for the Vette and a DD?

1 hour ago, Hemmy said:

This is probably a lost cause.  The OP has copied and pasted the exact same question in at least two other threads.  Including "Lets see those 2022 Malibu & Axis Boats!"

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he is looking for a Scarpa plate.

1 hour ago, MalibuNation said:

@85 BarefootI thought 2000 was the last yr for the Vette and a DD?

I don't follow you.  Not sure when the 1st iteration ended but 2000 seems right, maybe 99.  

here's the V drive version which came later:

https://www.boats.com/reviews/corvette-malibu-limited-edition-tow-boat/

• Like 1

125 total made in '97 into '98 with the Callaway (themed on the C4 Corvette_ with the squareish "tail lights".

250 total made in '99 and 2000 with the production Corvette engine (themed on the C5 Corvette_with the oval "tail lights".  Also added additional Corvette colors.

...and then there was the V-drive.  Didn't do anything really well, except went fast and turned heads.