Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Longer smooth wake

Mabtinc

I need some help understanding the best way to set up a long smooth week on my MXZ 24. I have plug-and-play ballast in the back and of course surf gate and the wedge.

Not specific advice, but really will be what works best for you depending on how much gear and human ballast you normally have.  Just play around with it some and see what works.  Usually the way to get a longer wave is to add weight in the bow, and increase speed some.  That boat will take lots of weight up front, so try some different configurations.  Also, just assuming you are talking about a surf wave, not a wakeboard wake.

My Axis A24 would be the closest hull to your MXZ 24 (just $60,000 cheaper). Fill all your tanks (hopefully bow, center, port and starboard). You didn’t state anything about bow and center tanks, but they become very important in creating the best wave. Start your power wedge at 3. Our speed is anywhere between 11.5 to 12 mph (depending on up/down river). I believe a lot of people just go too slow.  With power wedge at 3, I then begin to use it to clean up the face. Sometimes 4, sometimes 2, never outside that range.

23 hours ago, Mabtinc said:

I need some help understanding the best way to set up a long smooth week on my MXZ 24. I have plug-and-play ballast in the back and of course surf gate and the wedge.

What prop are you running?

My buddy bought an 18 24mxz a couple months ago. We are messing with his wave and are very close to having it dialed. Since I sold my 25LSV I am more interested in getting it dialed.

not an MXZ Owner but a 25LSV , 

FULL STOCK 4 TANKS + THE PNP BAGS IN REAR LOCKERS

I have 500lbs of lead stashed throughout the bow, helm and ski locker to give me a little more bow weight, and to offset the natural prop rotation lean while under way.

I have found that (guestimite) under 200lb rider i use Lift ( wedge all the way down) or +1,+2 max depening on the rider skill

over 200lbs  wedge +2-+3 to give it the push and keep the rider in the pocket .

10.8-11.2 is the sweet spot on my boat