Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

adding a tower speaker

FlyYellow

Hi,

I just purchased a new 21MLX with Malibu WetSounds ICON-8 Tower Speakers.  I'm interested in adding another pair of the WetSounds ICON-8 Tower Speakers (so to have four total).  Has anyone done that on the towers?  I'm thinking of running them off the existing wiring (I know it will stress the amp a bit by bringing it down to 2 ohms) but most amp these days handle it just fine and don't overheat.  Has anyone done that?  Any pics or DIY instructions?  

Yup, just wire the second set of speakers in parallel to the stock ones.  As long as they are the same speakers you don't need to reprogram the amp.  If you switch to Rev8 or Rev 10 speakers the amp needs to be reprogrammed.  That is why you always want to use 4 of the same tower speakers instead of mixing speaker types.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/14/2021 at 6:11 PM, FlyYellow said:

turns out I didn't have the mounts, so I ordered the g5 mounts and will get the speakers wired up shortly.  I'll post some pics.

I'm looking at purchasing a second set of tower speakers. I was hoping to find out how you piggy backed the wiring. Did you need to pull wire to the existing tower speaker and splice it?