Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Turns on but keeps shutting down

Our 2021 malibu 23 LSV won’t turn on. The battery will occasionally turn on and the screens will start but as soon as you try and turn the engine on, the screens and everything shut down. We store our boat with the batteries off. And, even though the screens won’t turn on and the ignition won’t start even with the key, we can still charge our phones through the usb ports. Anyone know any answers to this problem? Currently tied up to someone’s dock trying to figure it out.

I had a loose main ground on the engine block that gave me weird issues once.  Tough to see it but it is way down low on the port side of the engine.  It may be worth a check.  In general I would try to check all other cables for tightness.  

I have had issues with plugging a phone into the USB port on the dash.  If the charger cable is damaged in any way it made my computer reboot, and occasionally my start stop button wouldn’t function.  As soon as I unplugged my Phone from the dash usb all issues went away.