Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need some help with my 2006 Graphical In-dash display

Looking for someone with a similar model boat to check something for me.  We were out on the boat a couple of nights ago and I wanted to try to dim my center screen.  I was adjusting the contrast and somehow got the screen completely blank.  Now I have no idea where I am on the menu to try and get the contrast back up to where I can see it.  I tried the manual but it doesn't really give me enough info to know exactly which buttons to push and in what order to get to the setup/contrast menu so that I can turn it back up.  If someone with a similar model wouldn't mind maybe keying up and writing sown the exact order of buttons to push to change the contrast that would be awesome!  I guess the screen could be dead but seems hard to believe as it was working fine until I started punching buttons.  I was still able to change  the units from feet to meters by blindly pushing buttons so I know that some of the functions are still working.  Thanks for any help.  I guess I am going to look to purchase a replacement as it pretty much makes using the boat a pain in the arse without it.  Would be nice if I could get this one back working to have a spare.

Tim

Thanks Steve!  I will check with Bakes in the meantime.  Seems like the computer would default back to factory defaults when there is no power but maybe not. 

Try shining a strong flashlight toward the screen and moving it and your head until you can catch a glimpse of the displayed information.  The contrast may be too low, but a lot of times you can find an angle that works well enough to barely read.  The light will probably have to be very close to the screen, but try many locations.

• 3 weeks later...