Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Shower or Heater install

surftahoe

Hello! I am doing a shower install on my 2021 VTX and looking for pics if possible. If anyone out there can supply their pics relevant to an M5 or M6 application in a 2020, 2021 (or 2022) model, I will post a step by step for future user need. Looking for everything from shower head/hose location, temp control location, pump mount location, tap locations, etc…. So, even if you’re reading this and did not install, and you have a shower on your 2020 or newer Mali please share! The reason for the ask is I want it to be as close to Malibu build location as possible. (I should have just ordered it to begin with… )

also looking for pics of heater tube locations for same model years. Again, I should have added these to build order…

Thank you! Let me know if I’m posting in the wrong topic. 

I’ve got the heater install 2/3 complete. I have not tapped the circulation pump into the cooling loop yet however because I am uncertain of the wiring. Does anyone know which leads (or harness) connect to the circ pump on the M5? 

I poached this pic from another thread post. On my boat the wire circled is not connected to anything (or labeled). I’m hoping this is the circulation pump lead. If not is someone willing to help locate and maybe post a pic if it isn’t super obvious?

40A662C9-6F9A-4051-8E5D-4EA2DE52810C.jpeg

Anyone know where I connect hot and cold shower sources on the M5/M6? (I feel like I’m talking to myself… haha.) So, I believe I’ve nailed the heater install. Install complete. Now I have completed all of the transom shower install steps except where to tie in. The only reference I have for connecting to hot and cold sources is this 2018 sketch from Malibu. rCRqh0gskPp3zyAYQlVRB8t2C?token=eyJhbGci Unfortunately (fortunately) I need an M5 M6 guide as the hose pictured does not exist on M5/M6. I can assume the best cold water sources is likely still the ballast inlet? I’ve read every thread having to do with M5 and M6 (and all others) shower installs but no info on the hot and cold tie-ins. I did see where someone as tapped in to one of the drain hoses, however he also referenced low flow. Anyone able to post where the shower sources hot and cold on the M5 or M6? Pics or no pics. 

Thank you! I am also happy to have this post deleted and go somewhere more relevant if I’m missing something. Feedback (help) appreciated! Thanks again. 

Edited by surftahoe
Date correction
On 9/5/2021 at 9:13 PM, surftahoe said:

Anyone know where I connect hot and cold shower sources on the M5/M6? (I feel like I’m talking to myself… haha.) So, I believe I’ve nailed the heater install. Install complete. Now I have completed all of the transom shower install steps except where to tie in. The only reference I have for connecting to hot and cold sources is this 2018 sketch from Malibu. rCRqh0gskPp3zyAYQlVRB8t2C?token=eyJhbGci Unfortunately (fortunately) I need an M5 M6 guide as the hose pictured does not exist on M5/M6. I can assume the best cold water sources is likely still the ballast inlet? I’ve read every thread having to do with M5 and M6 (and all others) shower installs but no info on the hot and cold tie-ins. I did see where someone as tapped in to one of the drain hoses, however he also referenced low flow. Anyone able to post where the shower sources hot and cold on the M5 or M6? Pics or no pics. 

Thank you! I am also happy to have this post deleted and go somewhere more relevant if I’m missing something. Feedback (help) appreciated! Thanks again. 

Hey Surf Tahoe, I would love to see the pictures of the heater install, I plan on doing these same 2 installs in the off-season. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

For sure! I will post soon. Was missing a fitting in the kit and waiting for delivery of that. Hope to spend time and snap pics by the end of the weekend if it shows up. All-in-all a fairly straight forward project. 

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

Surftahoe ~ Any photos you have to share of the shower install on the M5 would be awesome. I got the heater done, and looking for installation info on the shower. Thanks

• 2 months later...

Sorry, I am just seeing this now. Happy to show you what I did. Let me know if there is anything in particular you’d like shots of or if you’ve already completed. 

On 8/25/2022 at 9:13 AM, surftahoe said:

Sorry, I am just seeing this now. Happy to show you what I did. Let me know if there is anything in particular you’d like shots of or if you’ve already completed. 

Thanks. Paid the dealer to install the heater last winter (wife loves it), but shots of the shower install would be helpful.

The first pic of the M5 helped me a ton when I found it. I ran the cold water off the SB ballast pump as designed. That pump housing has a threaded location specifically for this from the factory. I made some modifications to the hot water intake by running a larger diameter hose for the “raw water drain” from each manifold, T’ed them together, ran a T for the shower input, then installed the drain plug at the end. I was careful to make sure everything runs down hill for winterizing. Hot and cold hoses both run behind the backseat to the control, then to the pump in the stern, then to the shower head. I placed the control where I did so that the user could actually reach it. The only thing I think I would change is to move it a bit closer to the stern.

4CAE2993-70AD-41B9-9AD6-8645DE38D4A8.jpeg

277DA9EB-0272-4495-B5F0-467ABAB3690D.jpeg

EDFCB355-FD40-41C4-8A90-ED2D732FCC46.jpeg

E06F031B-05DA-446A-A755-2085234F26A0.jpeg

DB2ADE3D-BF84-4F8F-B790-BD422A6EC2AB.jpeg

A8C04BC7-9020-417D-9406-D0BB929D5951.jpeg

BC4620E9-40E1-4709-9EBD-214F69EE9750.jpeg

766ACA59-B537-4682-8F3E-D1991E639A4B.jpeg

C97B9E62-E697-43BE-9B8F-B779BA9B342F.jpeg

• Thanks 1
On 9/5/2021 at 8:53 AM, surftahoe said:

I’ve got the heater install 2/3 complete. I have not tapped the circulation pump into the cooling loop yet however because I am uncertain of the wiring. Does anyone know which leads (or harness) connect to the circ pump on the M5? 

I poached this pic from another thread post. On my boat the wire circled is not connected to anything (or labeled). I’m hoping this is the circulation pump lead. If not is someone willing to help locate and maybe post a pic if it isn’t super obvious?

40A662C9-6F9A-4051-8E5D-4EA2DE52810C.jpeg

edit,  oops read dates first😂

so you are adding a supplemental electric circ pump for stronger heater core water or coolant exchange? if so good choice! as your heater will function better at idle snd during operation as well as heat with motor off

that is wired in to your factory lead from dash to fan on heater core (you can install heatercrafts switch but i wanted integrated to my screen).

problem is that when fan is on high snd electric circ pump are on same circuit it may exceed your heater breaker capacity which may only be 15 amp. you then need a relay wired to battery on that circuit, i did on my 2022 centurian heater install.  that supp circ  pump needs to be mounted on the return side near core of coolant line (caveat we were not able to get low speed fan setting to work with relay but i didnt care),  my pump just rests on floor in front of my sub box as i chose not to drill in to floor to secure it.  the hoses to and from it hold it in place snd the rubber/grommet feet that the screws were supposed to go thru insulate any vibrations from pump operation

as far as locations for euro and heater tubes,  you can scout that yourself.  i had to be extremely careful with measurements (measured 10 times, cut once) due to tight clearances for tge vent tubes relative to other surfaces on the backside of interior gel coat walls,  for me it was one in the walk thru, the euro vent (small louvered vent) on driver feet (axis puts it in bottom of dash under   steering wheel) . i chose under and to the right of  cockpit sub grill. don't need space behind gelcoat/fiberglass for a tube because euro has no pullout extending hose.  i put the 2nd and 3rd pullouts on driver side cabin seat gel wall under seat cushion face.  i installed a y heatercraft sells for this split to two vents .  so usually its just two pullouts and one euro all eith their own coil hose from each of the 3 heater core air outlets.  

i taped off big time around the drill hole locations and then grease stencil/penciled around the hole drill bits for a mark to go buy after 10 times measuring the front side of gel and the area behind the interior gel walls

best part is the pump fills all the newly installed coolant lines to core without motor running just by switching it on snd then you just top off the coolant tank as lines fill,  no manually gravity filling your already installed lines with a funnel which i stupidly tried first snd made a 😂mess

Edited by granddaddy55
  • 2 months later...