Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

(UPDATE) Has anyone put an order in for a 2022 2500 or 3500 Duramax?

dwc032

I put an order in for a 2021 Duramax and the order got cancelled. So I ordered a 2022, now I am being told it is a six month wait. Anyone else order a 21 22 Duramax and if so do you like your 21s and have you gotten a target production time on your 22s?  I know about all the chip shortages, 5th wheel shortages and now I am being told there is a Duramax diesel shortage. And GM has cut OT at their HD truck plant. I’ve reached out to the dealer and they don’t know much. I have been paying pretty close attention to the Dmax forums and those guys are pretty frustrated. 

Edited by dwc032

Not a GM, BUT 

I ordered a 21 F350 in April  , canceled it when the 2022 info leaked and ordered a 22 in May when the portal opened. It’s being build the 1st week of September and should believe by the end of month or first part of OCT.

48 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Not a GM, BUT 

I ordered a 21 F350 in April  , canceled it when the 2022 info leaked and ordered a 22 in May when the portal opened. It’s being build the 1st week of September and should believe by the end of month or first part of OCT.

you sure about that delivery, local ford dealer has ZERO new cars on lot! snd i mean ZERO

6 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

you sure about that delivery, local ford dealer has ZERO new cars on lot! snd i mean ZERO

That’s what the email updates from the Ford portal say, so until I’m informed otherwise, yeah.

also high volume dealers have been getting floor trucks over the past few weeks and they are asking 4-10k over MSRP. 

I have 2021, 3500, Duramax, Denali and love it. My guess is you are 6 to 9 month's out if you order one from what I understand. My buddy ordered a Ford Powerstroke and he just got a born date. It's looking like 6 months or so for him. 

Just the way it is. 

I have been a Ford guy since 1999, when I bought my first 99 7.3.  I now have a 14 6.7 power stroke.  I paid 49k brand new for my 14 Ford and sold it last week for 51!  Used truck marker is nuts right now.  I figured I would make a change.  I cant believe there is a 6-9 month wait on a new truck and if I am paying 80k for a truck I am not making any sacrifices and deleting some options to get it built sooner.  I've followed the dmax forums and its weird how some guys get their truck ordered, built and delivered in three months and the rest of us are waiting 6-9 months.  Doesn't matter if they order from a large volume dealer or a small one.  Oh well

ahopkins22LSV

It is 100% dependent on the options you ordered on the truck. Not a 2500 but my truck was built and delivered 2 months after it was ordered. Others I know are waiting way longer like people here are seeing. I’d be talking to your dealer to ask what trucks were built like that have come in fairly quickly then see if you can change your order to help the timeline. If you are willing to change.

I was going to put an order in for 2022 but my dealer said they had no idea what was going to happen with inventory levels and prices, so I snagged a May build slot for 2021 3500 LTZ Z71 'Midnight Edition' duramax that arrived mid-June. At the time my dealer thought if I put an order in for a 2022 in July when they got their build slots I could hopefully have it by November but it was just a guess.

Yeah, at this point who knows. My buddy ordered a 22 in July. His build slot was 8-22-21. It has been completed for about a week now and it’s been sitting on the tarmac waiting for a few parts before he takes delivery. So it could sit for a long time. He’s like me. If I am spending 80k I am not compromising on what options I get. I’ll just wait, no biggie. 

• 1 month later...

Little update, my dealer advised me I have a target production week of 11-1 to 11-7.  Delivery date of around the second week of December.  At least I can order my lift and tires now...lol

On 8/26/2021 at 9:41 PM, Stevo said:

Not a GM, BUT 

@StevoDid you get the truck yet?  My buddies dad ordered a 21 F250 got it in may and within 1700 miles a computer chip failed.  It has been at the ford dealer since May. He has no idea when he will get his truck back. He's trying to get Ford to buy it back. 

Edited by dwc032

I put money down on a GMC 1500 AT4 Carbon Pro w/ baby diesel in April.  It was inbound to the dealer and had a VIN already .. got the call yesterday that my truck is in .. haha

Got it for 6k under MSRP, so going to get it (its at Laura in STL).  Figure I can drive it while I order a F250.  Ford dealer is seeing trucks in the 12-16 week window for customer orders.  I think Ford and GMC are prioritizing customer orders but its all MSRP at this point.  Even Laura's Ford dealer is quoting MSRP.  Surprised I can't get someone to take my order (zero work) for anything under MSRP.

2 hours ago, pauley71 said:

I put money down on a GMC 1500 AT4 Carbon Pro w/ baby diesel in April.  It was inbound to the dealer and had a VIN already .. got the call yesterday that my truck is in .. haha

Got it for 6k under MSRP, so going to get it (its at Laura in STL).  Figure I can drive it while I order a F250.  Ford dealer is seeing trucks in the 12-16 week window for customer orders.  I think Ford and GMC are prioritizing customer orders but its all MSRP at this point.  Even Laura's Ford dealer is quoting MSRP.  Surprised I can't get someone to take my order (zero work) for anything under MSRP.

I really dig those AT4's.  If you're upgrading right away to an F250, I may be interested in your GMC.  PM me when you're thinking of moving it down the line! :)

On 10/12/2021 at 11:47 AM, UWSkier said:

I really dig those AT4's.  If you're upgrading right away to an F250, I may be interested in your GMC.  PM me when you're thinking of moving it down the line! :)

St Louis to Wash DC - 900 miles and averaged 27.8mpg.  I love this little diesel. Great power, quiet and the torque makes the shifting COMPLETELY transparent (feels like a CVT).

That said, really not liking the tires GM decided to put on it.  Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT - great looking tire but noisy.  Probably order some Ridge Grapplers.

Bought a 2022 Silverado 3500 dually for work a few weeks ago. It's 'off the line' but sitting somewhere, waiting like all the other trucks. Dealer has no idea when it will arrive, but is guessing 2-3 months.

6 hours ago, jetskipro550 said:

Bought a 2022 Silverado 3500 dually for work a few weeks ago. It's 'off the line' but sitting somewhere, waiting like all the other trucks. Dealer has no idea when it will arrive, but is guessing 2-3 months.

So you ordered it a few weeks ago and its already built and sitting?  Waiting on a chip or something?

2 hours ago, dwc032 said:

So you ordered it a few weeks ago and its already built and sitting?  Waiting on a chip or something?

It was already in process when I reserved it. I was told it was told at the time that it would need a part before shipping, guessing it's a chip. As luck would have it the tow vehicle this truck would be 'replacing' went down and is waiting on a new transmission that won't be here until the 11/5. Thankfully we've got a few back ups they just aren't DRW's like the dedicated tow rigs.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well got a call from my dealer and was told the truck has arrived.  I was pretty stoked so had a buddy drop me off at the dealer. We pulled up and I was like that's a good looking truck, but it was a long bed.  Went in the front door of the dealership and talked to my salesman. He walked me outside and was like here it is!  I was like uh that's not mine and I ordered a short bed.  He said no you ordered a long bed.  I was like 100% didn't order a long bed and have been driving short beds for a better part of 20 years.  So we pulled up the build sheet and sure enough I ordered a short bed and the paperwork reflected that. So the dealer put a long bed into the GM ordering system not a short bed.  

I called my wife and let her know what is going on.  She was like its your truck you get what you want.  She did explain to me that when we retire we want a 5th wheel so maybe a long bed is a blessing.  Well I am not a construction worker and have very rarely used or needed a long bed.  Needless to say I was very upset at them for messing up. Salesman advised me they do have a short bed almost with the same options I ordered, but it will be another 3+ months. I was like uh that's not gonna work.  So they offered lifetime oil and fuel filter changes and after thinking about it maybe a long bed will work for us in the long run.  The truck is beautiful inside and out.  

IMG_0500.thumb.jpeg.55563437e2802c8173ff68fb9d64e6fc.jpeg 

Edited by dwc032
  • Like 3
ahopkins22LSV

Long bed being the 8’ or 6.5’ bed? 8 foot would be tough because it gets so massive but the 6.5 isn’t so bad and I will most likely go back to the 6.5 on my next truck. 

Either way, beautiful looking truck!

Same thing happened on my 2012 F150 order.  I found out the order was wrong before my dealer as my buddy at the Ford plant was texting me build pictures.  In my case it was messed up stereo and navigation options.  We made the dealer send another one down the line as we wanted exactly the truck we ordered. We had to wait another 8ish weeks as I recall and that wait sucked, but in the end I was glad I did.  The long bed may be a good deal in this case so hope you enjoy it!

I have had a 5er for years.  Two short bed trucks, one long.  The long is the way to go for a 5er.  That said, my truck is a dedicated tow vehicle.  One of the reasons - the long bed (and DRW) make it tough for the parking garage at the airport (where I go weekly).

The good news is, if you don't like it, you can almost certainly order another truck, properly equipped, and not get hurt on this one.  Used truck pricing is absolutely insane.