Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Has anyone put an order in for a 2022 2500 or 3500 Duramax?

dwc032

I put an order in for a 2021 Duramax and the order got cancelled. So I ordered a 2022, now I am being told it is a six month wait. Anyone else order a 21 22 Duramax and if so do you like your 21s and have you gotten a target production time on your 22s?  I know about all the chip shortages, 5th wheel shortages and now I am being told there is a Duramax diesel shortage. And GM has cut OT at their HD truck plant. I’ve reached out to the dealer and they don’t know much. I have been paying pretty close attention to the Dmax forums and those guys are pretty frustrated. 

Edited by dwc032

Not a GM, BUT 

I ordered a 21 F350 in April  , canceled it when the 2022 info leaked and ordered a 22 in May when the portal opened. It’s being build the 1st week of September and should believe by the end of month or first part of OCT.

granddaddy55
48 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Not a GM, BUT 

I ordered a 21 F350 in April  , canceled it when the 2022 info leaked and ordered a 22 in May when the portal opened. It’s being build the 1st week of September and should believe by the end of month or first part of OCT.

you sure about that delivery, local ford dealer has ZERO new cars on lot! snd i mean ZERO

6 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

you sure about that delivery, local ford dealer has ZERO new cars on lot! snd i mean ZERO

That’s what the email updates from the Ford portal say, so until I’m informed otherwise, yeah.

also high volume dealers have been getting floor trucks over the past few weeks and they are asking 4-10k over MSRP. 

I have 2021, 3500, Duramax, Denali and love it. My guess is you are 6 to 9 month's out if you order one from what I understand. My buddy ordered a Ford Powerstroke and he just got a born date. It's looking like 6 months or so for him. 

Just the way it is. 

I have been a Ford guy since 1999, when I bought my first 99 7.3.  I now have a 14 6.7 power stroke.  I paid 49k brand new for my 14 Ford and sold it last week for 51!  Used truck marker is nuts right now.  I figured I would make a change.  I cant believe there is a 6-9 month wait on a new truck and if I am paying 80k for a truck I am not making any sacrifices and deleting some options to get it built sooner.  I've followed the dmax forums and its weird how some guys get their truck ordered, built and delivered in three months and the rest of us are waiting 6-9 months.  Doesn't matter if they order from a large volume dealer or a small one.  Oh well

It is 100% dependent on the options you ordered on the truck. Not a 2500 but my truck was built and delivered 2 months after it was ordered. Others I know are waiting way longer like people here are seeing. I’d be talking to your dealer to ask what trucks were built like that have come in fairly quickly then see if you can change your order to help the timeline. If you are willing to change.

Just talked to my dealer he said there isn't any constraints as of today.  He thinks I will have the truck by late November!  

• Like 2
jetskipro550

I was going to put an order in for 2022 but my dealer said they had no idea what was going to happen with inventory levels and prices, so I snagged a May build slot for 2021 3500 LTZ Z71 'Midnight Edition' duramax that arrived mid-June. At the time my dealer thought if I put an order in for a 2022 in July when they got their build slots I could hopefully have it by November but it was just a guess.

Yeah, at this point who knows. My buddy ordered a 22 in July. His build slot was 8-22-21. It has been completed for about a week now and it’s been sitting on the tarmac waiting for a few parts before he takes delivery. So it could sit for a long time. He’s like me. If I am spending 80k I am not compromising on what options I get. I’ll just wait, no biggie.