Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ringing In Tower Speakers

LSV23OD

Hey y'all,

Im new to the group, and I cant get ahold of anyone at Malibu.. I need some help with my sound system. Boat is a 2013 malibu watesetter lsv 2013. rockford audio system from factory. I have a really high pitched ringing in my speakers that gets worse as the boat warms up. The wine in the speakers get increasingly higher as the rpm's rise in the boat motor. This ringing is only in AUX mode on the interface. 

Im thinking is my rca cables. Any help is appreciated

Edited by LSV23OD

Could be a couple of things.

1. is the stereo completely factory? If so you may be getting interference from the black box.(common for the model year) black box is the control unit mounted to the amp board that communicates with the stereo.

2, it could be a bad Chanel on one of your amplifiers , or an RCA connection in the set up. With the engine running on the water (test the connections) one at a time to see if the interference is specific to 1 channel or cable. 

3.You have a ground loop and will need to wire every stereo component to the same point. Depending on the number of amplifiers a thick gage wire from battery ground to a distribution block that feeds a common ground to all stereo components (black box, amps, head units, transom remotes etc.) the same goes for the +12v but I’d run the wire off the perko switch to avoid battery drain if you forget to turn the stereo off.

for the remote +12v there should be a one coming off the Rockford head unit or maybe the black box (it’s been a while since I did mine) and that wire can be run to. 3rd distribution block, or wired directly to all components as well.

any reputable stereo shop should be able to handle the wiring job if you are over your head, but in my experience chasing electrical gremlins can be expensive.

Also you can do a site search through google to find hundreds of threads discussing this same topic 

search: theMalibucrew.com , stereo whine, or engine noise, or high pitch whine etc

10 hours ago, Stevo said:

Could be a couple of things.

1. is the stereo completely factory? If so you may be getting interference from the black box.(common for the model year) black box is the control unit mounted to the amp board that communicates with the stereo.

2, it could be a bad Chanel on one of your amplifiers , or an RCA connection in the set up. With the engine running on the water (test the connections) one at a time to see if the interference is specific to 1 channel or cable. 

3.You have a ground loop and will need to wire every stereo component to the same point. Depending on the number of amplifiers a thick gage wire from battery ground to a distribution block that feeds a common ground to all stereo components (black box, amps, head units, transom remotes etc.) the same goes for the +12v but I’d run the wire off the perko switch to avoid battery drain if you forget to turn the stereo off.

for the remote +12v there should be a one coming off the Rockford head unit or maybe the black box (it’s been a while since I did mine) and that wire can be run to. 3rd distribution block, or wired directly to all components as well.

any reputable stereo shop should be able to handle the wiring job if you are over your head, but in my experience chasing electrical gremlins can be expensive.

Also you can do a site search through google to find hundreds of threads discussing this same topic 

search: theMalibucrew.com , stereo whine, or engine noise, or high pitch whine etc

This was very helpful. Thank you!!!! I will keep you updated!