Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G3 tower shocks

Is the local Malibu dealer or Bakes the only place to purchase G3 tower shocks?  This must be the year for replacing everything, they seem to have given up on me.  When I got the boat in 2014 the tower had to be bungied to the steering wheel to keep it from raising itself part way, that went away in a couple of years and now the tower just drops if I take out the knobs.  I figure that I still need one of the lower weight capacities - no speakers and racks are not on it when tower is being raised/lowered.  There may be a bimini strapped to it .

There is a thread on here were a couple guys got the struts on line from a manufacturer in Canada IIRC. When I replaced my original struts on my 2010 they were rated for 215lbs. I replaced them with 275lbs but I had a set of Rev-10s on the tower. They eventually loosened up some as well, but not drastically so. If you go with any a higher rate strut, they may last you until you finally decided to get a new boat.