Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kinked Hose

May be an amateur question, but can anyone tell what this hose is? Discovered it when changing raw water pump and don't know what it is but should probably not be kinked. Thinking I should just shorten the hose and reconnect so it isn't kinked? Any issues with this solution?

Thanks!

IMG_8976.thumb.jpeg.bd12fca180940ffbc7acbe17c159b45b.jpeg

IMG_8975.thumb.jpeg.8405d54f22288051d8a9573ec5ced987.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Ouch, ya. Modify that thing for sure :)

Steve B.

Do you happen to know what it is for? What kind of fluids I should expect to pour out and if that is bad when I pull it off? Or maybe that is the wrong hose and I need to get a new one that is curved?

Thanks!

@BlindSquirrel I assumed water too. I don't think my boat has a shower. Bought it earlier this year and keep finding new fun discoveries... Maybe at one point it did? Technically mine is blocked off too right now haha.

4 minutes ago, BlindSquirrel said:

Is that for a shower or heater?

Maybe heater. It has a heater but most of the ducting is torn up and wasn't planning on using it. Thank you!

• Like 1

Typically that outlet on a circulation pump is 1/2 of the heater circuit.  The other half is to the upper right of your circle.  If you are saying that those 2 things are connected directly to each other with one hose then it is a heater bypass and makes no difference if it is kinked or not.

Most folks just use these - but a hose between the 2 is fine

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-02251-EPDM-Coolant-Bypass/dp/B00Z7MM0IG/ref=asc_df_B00Z7MWUMC/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312455765168&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16400752252534569793&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019644&hvtargid=pla-568467754939&th=1

Edited by oldjeep