Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 Main screen hardly working

My 2012 Malibu VLX, the main screen was flickering the past few times I was out, and now today it went dark, not completely dark, looks like the brightness was turned way down.  As though it was almost to zero.  The right screen still works fine, however the main one was almost unable to be seen.  

Has anyone experienced this?  i'm wondering if a factory reset may help or if I need to get a new screen

Thanks

I'm having the same issue, just started yesterday (intermittently).  I'm not at the cabin anymore, so I cannot try this till next weekend, but has anyone tried to leave the old screen & button panel in place, and try to hook the video RCA line that connects to the center screen to a independent screen (I.E. and old car DVD player screen)?  I'd have a hard time believing that that signal is anything but a standard analog video signal.  If it works, might help you get by until you can fix or replace the original screen.  I'm going to test it out when I get back to the cabin on Saturday.  Otherwise I'll be running without it this weekend...

1 hour ago, TheIceman said:

I'm not at the cabin anymore, so I cannot try this till next weekend, but has anyone tried to leave the old screen & button panel in place, and try to hook the video RCA line that connects to the center screen to a independent screen (I.E. and old car DVD player screen)?  

I have done exactly what you described with an old iPod 30 classic and a video adaptor cable to test the Malivue screen and viper video output.

1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

My center screen glitches occasionally, it I smack it, it straightens up.  I'm assuming a loose connection inside the unit since it is not the vid cable.

That used to work well with an old TV.  Knock the crud off of the tube sockets and it worked fine again.