Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

0/2 sensors

The codes on my 2012 MXZ are pointing to the O2 sensor being bad.  I have not pulled the sensor to check for a part number as I feel it is probably a standard BorgWarner part.

Where do you buy your O2 sensors?  They seem 4 times the cost of car O2 sensors at the boat outlets.  Thanks

Are you getting fault codes?  What are the SPN FMI numbers?  Have you checked the diagnostic guide yet?

It is common practice when diagnosing problems with O2 sensors to move the sensor from one bank to the other and see if the code changes to follow the suspect sensor.

I get replacement sensors from the Indmar dealer.  You may be able to get them from somewhere else, but I don't know where.

My service engine came on accompanied by a loud beep. Everything looked normal (oil pressure, temp etc.) so I hit exit and kept riding. this happened 4-5 more times then quit before I could get a diagnostic computer on it.  Out on the boat all day yesterday ready to plug the computer in if it happened again but it never did. I am just assuming its the 02 sensor since that is a common problem. I have ordered the socket csleaver mentioned above. We usually put over 100 hours of hard use per season so at some point one will go bad. 

3 hours ago, csleaver said:

Are you getting fault codes?  What are the SPN FMI numbers?  Have you checked the diagnostic guide yet?

It is common practice when diagnosing problems with O2 sensors to move the sensor from one bank to the other and see if the code changes to follow the suspect sensor.

I get replacement sensors from the Indmar dealer.  You may be able to get them from somewhere else, but I don't know where.

Good idea on swapping.  I hope I can see a product number when I swap them.