Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Height and length

alcoprop

• 4 months later...
On 8/18/2021 at 12:03 PM, alcoprop said:

Does anyone know the height with tower up and the overall length with the tongue folder of a 2021 23mxz? Is there anywhere that has this Info published? 

I am curious as well... Starting to think about building a shop/garage and one day we hope to upgrade to a 23' boat

What about the depth? Specifically, I was thinking that 30' deep would be plenty, but I may need to be less deep. I am guessing that the platform is about 2' and then there is a little tongue in front of the bow where the hinge is for the break away tongue.. I am guessing that 28' deep would be about the minimum to leave some room to get around front and rear... 

13 hours ago, bboozer said:

I am curious as well... Starting to think about building a shop/garage and one day we hope to upgrade to a 23' boat

Do yourself a favor. If you can. 12’ wide 14’ high minimum. That way an RV will always fit. And 14’ wide is even better. 

On 12/19/2021 at 8:20 PM, Sparky450 said:

Do yourself a favor. If you can. 12’ wide 14’ high minimum. That way an RV will always fit. And 14’ wide is even better. 

This.  One day when it's time to sell the house the first thing a potential buyer (who is also an RV owner) will ask is dimensions of that area.  When I sold my first house the RV area was the stumbling block to the first 3 offers.

The best advice for a storage building is to build it as big as possible.  It will never be too big.  My original build was 24' x 52' with 16' sidewalls.  My door is 12' x 22'.  I have since added a 10' x 30' addition.  And it still isn't big enough.

If you really are looking for minimum length, I wouldn't go less than 30'.

Edited by RyanB
spelling
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, RyanB said:

The best advice for a storage building is to build it as big as possible.  It will never be too big.  My original build was 24' x 52' with 16' sidewalls.  My door is 12' x 22'.  I have sent added a 10' x 30' addition.  And it still isn't big enough.

If you really are looking for minimum length, I wouldn't go less than 30'.

I am not sure, but will a 25LSV fit in a 30’ garage. With the swim deck and trailer tongue, it will be very close. I would go measure but I sold mine in July. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/27/2021 at 6:27 PM, Sparky450 said:

I am not sure, but will a 25LSV fit in a 30’ garage. With the swim deck and trailer tongue, it will be very close. I would go measure but I sold mine in July. 

My 23' in a 30'6'' inside front to back with door closed has about 36" to spare without the tongue folded.

Edited by dalt1
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

Ok so no one on here is sliding their 2019 or up VLX 21 under a standard 7' garage door? Come on crew I know someone has an answer for me.

I don't see it being possible unless they're removing hoop, taking off racks/bimini, lowering tongue, deflating tires etc.  My 18' 22VLX cleared my 8' door by 1/4" on 14" tires and I had to remove tower tow point and racks.

4 hours ago, wedge88 said:

I don't see it being possible unless they're removing hoop, taking off racks/bimini, lowering tongue, deflating tires etc.  My 18' 22VLX cleared my 8' door by 1/4" on 14" tires and I had to remove tower tow point and racks.

With racks off, can you still fold tower down below windshield with bimini in stowed position? I'm being told the tower is below windshield when folded but don't know if that is with bimini mounted?

11 hours ago, dalt1 said:

With racks off, can you still fold tower down below windshield with bimini in stowed position? I'm being told the tower is below windshield when folded but don't know if that is with bimini mounted?

The main (forward) beam of the tower does fold below the windshield but in order to fold the tower down you have to pull the bimini as far forward as possible and release the lock pins.  This allows it to rest on the windshield.  We put a crank strap around the port side of the tower to the passenger grab handle to lock it down all the way.  That said, the tower hoop still was the highest point and above the windshield.  If you remove the hoop and racks it will save some height but I don't think it was 12" 

I don't have that boat anymore or I'd check.  Ironically our new T220 is 6-8" taller freeboard than our 22VLX and it's on 18" wheels and clears my 8' door by 6".  Advantages of rear swinging tower vs forward.