Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

show us your filthy boat

TwoMargaritasPlease

On 8/18/2021 at 9:54 AM, TwoMargaritasPlease said:

WA, Lake Washington. I think if you guys saw the abuse my boat goes through you would be horrified. Dead gnats. Spider infestations. My dog sheds hair all summer. A couple weeks ago a heron slaughtered a fish on my engine covers, dried blood and scales stuck to the vinyl. Rough water banging on the dock daily. I don't cover it because I like to ride several times a week on short notice. But it cleaned up nice.

mWLfH6W.jpg

Two thoughts:

1. It takes less than 5 minutes to remove the cover

2. Remind to never buy one of your used boats;)

• Like 2
11 hours ago, FX41 said:

When we were doing it in June, three days in the water was n0 scum, late August, three days gives us a foggy scum line, but not too bad..  

Three days in the water around here and you have barnacles to deal with.

On 8/22/2021 at 5:26 AM, Pilotguy said:

SprayNine Hull Cleaner is amazing stuff. I will pull the boat out once a month, wash it and then wax it. I did have the Vantage guard applied. It’s amazing but doesn’t adhere well to the parts below the waterline. 

Is this the stuff you use?

https://www.spraynine.com/product/marine-spray-nine-multi-purpose-cleaner-disinfectant-5/?cat_refer=8

15 hours ago, Chappy said:

My thoughts exactly!

Haha! Well we can't all live on beautiful Lake Sammamish! You don't have algae there?

57 minutes ago, TwoMargaritasPlease said:

Haha! Well we can't all live on beautiful Lake Sammamish! You don't have algae there?

Unfortunately, I don't live on the lake but I am shocked that came from Lake WA.  I always knew it was nasty but never realized how nasty! With that said, I would live on the lake if I could in 2 seconds!