Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Order Changes?

IdahoRhino

We ordered a T250 in may and are still waiting for a spray date. There are two changes I wanted to make after having all summer to really think about what we really want in our boat. I wanted to change from metallic silver to metallic gunmetal and also go to a 3 axle trailer. My dealer was telling me there are huge charges for making any changes to the order once it was submitted. Is this true or should I push back? 

9 minutes ago, IdahoRhino said:

We ordered a T250 in may and are still waiting for a spray date. There are two changes I wanted to make after having all summer to really think about what we really want in our boat. I wanted to change from metallic silver to metallic gunmetal and also go to a 3 axle trailer. My dealer was telling me there are huge charges for making any changes to the order once it was submitted. Is this true or should I push back? 

I was able to change my engine choice pretty easily. I've heard some items are harder to change once you have a date . I made changes like a week after order so it hadn't been accepted into the system yet . I don't think it would mess up anything to make those changes. I wrestled with triple axle but stayed with double . My past two A24s were fine on double plus I have a very circuitous route to back into the garage . I talked myself out of the triple 

Let us know what happens 

3 minutes ago, IdahoRhino said:

That’s good to hear. Was that on a 2022 build?

Yes a 2022 t250. Order was accepted june15 . I made the change to lt4 about a week before that 

Ok thanks for your input. I’ll contact the dealer tomorrow and see how things go. Congratulations on your T250 and lt4. That will be a sweet setup. 

18 minutes ago, Red17A24 said:

How much of a up charge from M6 to lt4?  

I cringe but, 12k. Our home lake is at 6100’ . Our 21 A24 with m6 did the job but with all ballast and a full crew , was screaming to 4000 rpm or more surfing at 11.2. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 8:27 AM, Livinlogs said:

I cringe but, 12k. Our home lake is at 6100’ . Our 21 A24 with m6 did the job but with all ballast and a full crew , was screaming to 4000 rpm or more surfing at 11.2. 

Are you running a high torque prop as well? I'm ordering T250 but I'm having a hard time justifying the LT4. I boat at 6200' as well. 

8 hours ago, Randalorian said:

Are you running a high torque prop as well? I'm ordering T250 but I'm having a hard time justifying the LT4. I boat at 6200' as well. 

Yes we had the 17x14 prop . The M6 is a great choice for almost everyone but it becomes more annoying with 10 people surfing regular side , turning 4000rpms. I had two new boats in 12 months and want to hang onto the 22 for a while , I decided to go LT4 and not wonder what it would be like . Every lake around me is 5000' to 7500' except for Powell and that's a once a year trip if I'm lucky. I feel lucky that those are my only tough decisions:) 

20 minutes ago, Livinlogs said:

Yes we had the 17x14 prop . The M6 is a great choice for almost everyone but it becomes more annoying with 10 people surfing regular side , turning 4000rpms. I had two new boats in 12 months and want to hang onto the 22 for a while , I decided to go LT4 and not wonder what it would be like . Every lake around me is 5000' to 7500' except for Powell and that's a once a year trip if I'm lucky. I feel lucky that those are my only tough decisions:) 

We are at 4200’ elevation and so we just ordered ours with the 17x4 prop. Our T23 had the standard prop and struggled a bit when the boat was full of people and ballast. I changed to a high elevation prop and that helped a bunch. The lt4 I think would be very helpful at elevations higher than we are especially with the additional weight of the boat. 
Also I was able to get our build sheet opened back up and changed just a few items. Deleted the soft grip from axis and will install a full gator step kit that is a much higher quality materials . Then went with the tri axel trailer just to disperse the weight a bit better when we are taking the boat out of the river that has a rock gravel ramp. Then changed one color from silver metallic to gunmetal metallic. The base color is orange so that should look good on the water.  All in we are very excited to get the boat. Was told our boat is the second one in the production schedule and build date is October 21. Hope we get lots of snow in his winter to fill the lakes and dams  back up.