Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 25LSV Cooler

SCMike

I oped not to get the "Malibu Ice Box" on my in coming 25LSV, as I'd much rather use the cooler cabinet.  For those with 2019-2022 25LSV or 2021 24MXZ, what coolers are you using for the cooler cabinet?   I prefer a hard cooler, but open to a soft cooler.  The cooler would be for day use only.  Thx 

my experience is the locker use as a cooler is a pain in the butt.  The cooler has to slide in sideways and you can't really get into the cooler easy without taking it in and out, so imagine a cooler stuffed with drinks ice etc, then having to slide it in and out to get inside and grab what you are looking for?  We bought the Malibu Engel soft cooler, it fits with room to spare but it is not fun moving the cooler in and out and the storage capacity is so small its a joke.  It does keep everything really cold its just too small.  

I use 2 AO 38-can coolers beneath the seat on the starboard side (they fit side by side in my 25 LSV) and it makes it super easy to see what you are grabbing and no sliding the cooler in and out.   Sure its a hassle cause someone is always sitting there but I found it was hard on my back to awkwardly lean in and slide the weight of the soft cooler in and out of the locker.  In addition the latching mechanism on the locker is tiny and I suspect it will not line up well after heavy opening and closing.  That entire compartment should be redesigned to fit a large deep hard cooler that clicks into place from the top allowing easy access without having to move the cooler, but than can be removed for beach trips or refilling/cleaning.  Or maybe even a cooler that has drawers on sliders that pull out from the compartment that hold drinks, kind of like an airplane stewardess cart?  Just thinking out loud here.  

Either way the locker is great for storage of guest bags etc.  Good luck in whatever you do.

On 8/19/2021 at 9:23 AM, SCMike said:

Bump.  Any options out there for coolers that fit in the cooler locker of a 25lsv or 24mxz?

Yeti Hopper M30 fits but it is a tight squeeze when full and HEAVY. Everyone can pull it out but I always have the wrestle it back in. 

Yeti Flip 18 and Flip 24 (backpack) also both fit well in the locker and are much easier and lighter to get in and out. 

Yeti Flip 18 fits in the cooler space under the seat of the new 25 LSV. The additional 4” of freeboard gives it plenty of room. 

My new go to setup is in the pictures. Yeti 75 behind the Wakeview bench seat (adjusted 1 position forward).  Makes a great natural step with the SeaDeck from the walk through transom on the 25 LSV and doesn’t take up the whole aisle. No one has to move to get under the seats or constantly wrestle sliding in and out from the locker. I got the inspiration from a friend with a 2021 24 MXZ so I asSume it should work on all boats with the Wakeview bench seat. 

I have a sketch of a slide out that I plan to install inside the locker. Basically a cabinet slide out made from king starboard mounted on a pair of stainless steel drawer slides with a locking latch. This would make the Yeti M30 the ideal choice for the locker. 

5F8D074D-4A82-4A80-84AF-6FA3556349E0.jpeg

A8FF2028-41AE-4B73-84D4-2E64F6546737.jpeg

67385863-11F1-422E-A13A-89194A4384D4.jpeg

On 8/24/2021 at 11:03 PM, ZephyrBlueBu said:

Yeti Hopper M30 fits but it is a tight squeeze when full and HEAVY. Everyone can pull it out but I always have the wrestle it back in. 

Yeti Flip 18 and Flip 24 (backpack) also both fit well in the locker and are much easier and lighter to get in and out. 

Yeti Flip 18 fits in the cooler space under the seat of the new 25 LSV. The additional 4” of freeboard gives it plenty of room. 

My new go to setup is in the pictures. Yeti 75 behind the Wakeview bench seat (adjusted 1 position forward).  Makes a great natural step with the SeaDeck from the walk through transom on the 25 LSV and doesn’t take up the whole aisle. No one has to move to get under the seats or constantly wrestle sliding in and out from the locker. I got the inspiration from a friend with a 2021 24 MXZ so I asSume it should work on all boats with the Wakeview bench seat. 

I have a sketch of a slide out that I plan to install inside the locker. Basically a cabinet slide out made from king starboard mounted on a pair of stainless steel drawer slides with a locking latch. This would make the Yeti M30 the ideal choice for the locker. 

Zephyr, please post the build of your cooler shelf when you get it done.  The cooler location is one thing I really like on the M240.  I think they should just get rid of the cooler locker on the 25 and make it the same as the M240.  Your mod will make it almost the same level of usability.  I will likely do the same with mine.  

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2021 at 10:03 PM, ZephyrBlueBu said:

Awesome info, thanks @ZephyrBlueBu!  I love the idea of the slide out.  I might have to do the same.

My 25lsv hit the dealership yesterday! Super excited to get on the water.

7BF31C4A-271F-43F3-AA07-559F53B2BD0A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...