Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer tires

dalt1

26 minutes ago, martinarcher said:

Are the Endurances Load Range E?  I won't put a Load Range D tire on the trailer again.  We tow way too much for that....learned my lesson.  Put big boy tires and look after your bearings every 5 years or so and forget about it.  Focus on the lake.  :)

I’m pretty sure mine are load range D, 215/75/14 and the speed rating is down from 99 to 87

@BlindSquirrel are your tires 14 or 15s?

Edited by Bozboat

I don't think there *is* an e-rated 14" tire, but happy to be proven wrong.  When I recall looking at this years back, you had to move to 15" wheels to get e rated tires.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

I don't think there *is* an e-rated 14" tire, but happy to be proven wrong.  When I recall looking at this years back, you had to move to 15" wheels to get e rated tires.

The kumho 857 was an E rated 14” very firm ride at 85 pounds or something like that, but it was a red herring and now extinct. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Bozboat said:

I’m pretty sure mine are load range D, 215/75/14 and the speed rating is down from 99 to 87

@BlindSquirrel are your tires 14 or 15s?

Mine are 15s

martinarcher
12 hours ago, Bozboat said:

The kumho 857 was an E rated 14” very firm ride at 85 pounds or something like that, but it was a red herring and now extinct. 

Yeah, my current tires are the 857's and they are E's on a 14" rim. 

Man, you guys are ruining my day...now they are gone and the new stuff isn't Load Range E in my wheel size....common Kuhmo!  :Doh:

9 hours ago, martinarcher said:

Yeah, my current tires are the 857's and they are E's on a 14" rim. 

Man, you guys are ruining my day...now they are gone and the new stuff isn't Load Range E in my wheel size....common Kuhmo!  :Doh:

What is the axle weight rating on your trailer?  Mine is only 3500 pounds, “D” rated tires have more capacity than the axles. 

$522.86 out the door for 4 Good Year Endurance mounted and balanced. Discount tire. Did not buy the Certificates @ $20 each as I don't think I will own this trailer in 3 more years.

• Like 3

I think you'll like them.  Mine are only 2 years old and my trips are typically short - 5 miles each way to launch, with a couple hundred mile trip once a year.  But what normally tears my tires up is the nearly right angle turns in and out of the driveway which loads the sidewalls hard and drags the inside tire sideways.  So far no damage.

21 hours ago, oldjeep said:

I think you'll like them.  Mine are only 2 years old and my trips are typically short - 5 miles each way to launch, with a couple hundred mile trip once a year.  But what normally tears my tires up is the nearly right angle turns in and out of the driveway which loads the sidewalls hard and drags the inside tire sideways.  So far no damage.

I like all of them for 2 years and about 10 months. Mine are used about the same as yours except have more weight on them. Sharp crank into drive way every weekend probably takes it's toll, but still, that's why we buy Trailer Tires for the severe service!