Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Start/Stop

Hi all, 

I picked up my 2022 23 LSV a week ago and got my break in hours on and had it serviced before going on vacation. Everything ran perfectly. 

First day on vacation while transitioning between kids surfing everything froze and it wouldn't shut off with the key or screen. After turning the batteries off and waiting a minute it finally shut off. 

Now I can start it with the start/stop button or key, but neither will shut it off, switching off the battery is the only way to stop the engine. Any ideas of things to check? We have another 2 weeks of vacation before I am back near a dealer. 

Thanks! 

Just now, csleaver said:

Does pulling the safety lanyard or pushing the dash power button and turning off the key switch stop the engine?

The first time everything was frozen. Now the power button for the system (not stop start) works. I'll test the lanyard. 

40 minutes ago, tylerp27 said:

The first time everything was frozen. Now the power button for the system (not stop start) works. I'll test the lanyard. 

Update: After leaving the battery off for a few hours everything appears to be back up and working again 🤞🤞

ahopkins22LSV

Glad to hear. Make sure the backup key is left in the off position or even out to make sure that isn’t a factor going forward. I keep mine in the dry storage box in the drivers area just so it doesn’t accidentally get bumped. 

On 8/14/2021 at 10:25 PM, tylerp27 said:

Update: After leaving the battery off for a few hours everything appears to be back up and working again 🤞🤞

On 8/14/2021 at 9:43 PM, tylerp27 said:

Another update here, after spending all day out on the lake yesterday I'm still not able to stop the boat using the start stop button or key, I need to shut the power off to everything using the power button. 

More importantly my stuff gates will not open on either side. Are there any fuses or breakers to check? I saw something in the back locker but didn't know how to tell if it was working or not. 

My kids are dying to surf and we have a week and a half of vacation left so any suggestions are appreciated 😁

15 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

@tylerp27, this original thread was moved to the appropriate maintenance section, not deleted. Please repost your update here and we will take care of the other thread. 

Updated above, thank you for you patience... Still learning the forum! 

• Like 1

There are four breakers on the carpeted panel in the port aft storage compartment where the PNP bag is located (labeled main, surf gate, surf gate, and wedge).  If the breaker is tripped a small yellow lever will pop down and it is reset by pushing the lever back up flush with the plastic piece that covers it.I

Loose connections on the back of the breakers, the main power post by the port transmission mount, on the main port side engine ground cable, battery switch, or batteries can cause the issues you have described.

It is very important to have the correct boat and tower model selected in the touch screen settings to allow all of the power modules to function normally.  On the left helm touch screen select the settings icon on the lower left, select Configuration, then select Boat Model / Hull ID.  The + and - icons are used to change the boat and tower model.  It is not important to enter the hull ID and It can just be left as XYZ if you want.

In the service/setup/maintenance menu there is a calibrate for the surf gate.  it will cycle them out and when you end the calibration process back in.  Sometimes when they are not behaving just running the calibration process will fix it.

The problem with having to stop the motor with the power button has come up from time to time, don't remember anyone else reporting it as anything but an occasional issue.

With the range of electrical problems you are having first thing would be the ground connections if you are so inclined.