Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 LSV Check Engine, Shutter, Burning Smell

Hi! Newbie here!

My husband and I have a 2021 22' LSV. It has maybe 30 hours on it. Had the break in service completed about 30 days ago. Took it out Thursday and all was fine. Today (2 days later), at 3k rpm, the check engine light came on, has a shutter when it's running, and we smelled something funny. Not rubbery and not like brakes burning, but definitely something burning. We checked the oil and that looked fine. We dry dock it. Is it possible the forklift crew could've done something to it when they pulled it Thursday or put it in the water today? Or is it something else?

Update: the fault code is SPN 1326 FMI 11 cylinder 4 misfire. Audible engine alarm when reaching 3k rpm

Update #2: we replaced the spark plug in cylinder 4. Engine alarm still came in with same fault code and a new one SPN 1326 FMI 31. We think that the fuel injector needs replaced. Does that sound right? Is this normal for a new boat?

Edited by PieSeas
Updated Information
On 8/14/2021 at 6:31 PM, PieSeas said:

Hi! Newbie here!

My husband and I have a 2021 22' LSV. It has maybe 30 hours on it. Had the break in service completed about 30 days ago. Took it out Thursday and all was fine. Today (2 days later), at 3k rpm, the check engine light came on, has a shutter when it's running, and we smelled something funny. Not rubbery and not like brakes burning, but definitely something burning. We checked the oil and that looked fine. We dry dock it. Is it possible the forklift crew could've done something to it when they pulled it Thursday or put it in the water today? Or is it something else?

Update: the fault code is SPN 1326 FMI 11 cylinder 4 misfire. Audible engine alarm when reaching 3k rpm

Update #2: we replaced the spark plug in cylinder 4. Engine alarm still came in with same fault code and a new one SPN 1326 FMI 31. We think that the fuel injector needs replaced. Does that sound right? Is this normal for a new boat?

Welcome to the crew, and congrats on the new boat! Are issues normal with a new boat? From personal experience and from what I’ve see here, there might be some “growing pains”. The good news is you’re past the “normal” hours when this typically occurs.~ 30 hours. You could move that #4 injector to a different hole and see if the code moves… that would tell you if it’s bad. Did you notice the temperature readout when you smelled the smell? Is your dealer close? Post pics of the new boat!

Edited by BlindSquirrel

The fuel injectors on the GM Gen V GDI engines, like the M5/6 and LT4, are under the intake manifold and not easily serviceable.  The fuel pressure at the injectors can be several hundred to a couple thousand PSI and should only be carefully serviced by professionals.

If it isn't a problem with the spark plug, coil, or wire, then I would recommend taking it to your dealer.

• Like 2