Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

96 Malibu Sunsetter bog at WOT

You just start to think things are just about right and then..

On my 96 Sunsetter VLX, I found my throttle linkage was loose and noticed this because my perfect pass kept requiring more throttle to hold. All I did was make sure throttle was in neutral at the helm, then tightened the loose bolt on the linkage so it wasn’t slipping. 

Next outing or maybe 2nd outing noticed as I tried to increase throttle and got to 3900-4000 rpms it would just start to bog out. Decrease throttle a bit and all was well..starts and idles perfectly, initially out of the hole it seems all normal. 

fuel filter? I have only seen one small inline rifht out of the tank. Haven’t replaced yet but am going to. 

cap/rotor? Doesn’t seem like that is the issue here but I’m sure it’s good to replace sooner than later. 

It’s a Chevy 350 5.7L engine. I put a larger and flatter pitch prop for surfing this year on it. 

Thanks for any ideas.