Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 Malibu Extreme Trailer Wheal Bearings and parts

408RealEstate

Going to pick up a 2004 Malibu VLX, and the trailer is in sub par condition. I want to bring a few spare wheel bearings just in case I need to change them before driving home. Its an extream double axel trailer need info on parts. 

I used to carry a whole new hub assembly.  This included bearings already installed.  Someone on here convinced me it's easier than pounding out the race/seals on a roadside.  The assembly is fairly cheap - but I think you'll need the bolt pattern of current, then it's just an easy swap.  Maybe the current owner could measure the pattern on the spare.  Anyway seems easier than trying to figure out part numbers for bearings.

What I might be more concerned with is - what is the frame integrity of a "sub par" trailer.  Broken frames mean you are probably having a tow truck load the trailer and boat onto a flatbed.  Look around the drainage holes and any stress points for any cracks of unusual rust.  When mine started to go, I saw cracks in the cross members where they are bent.

Edited by REHinH20

I have an extreme trailer under my ‘01 sun setter.  I had to order the hub seals online after Napa couldn’t cross them.  I didn’t replace the bearings so I don’t know if they’re an oddball size.  I seem to remember that it wasn’t the seal size that was an issue, but it was the fact that they double-lipped.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.boatmateparts.com/product_details.php?itmId=986 I would call them and make sure this is the correct part. Or see below link 

SAE 50 for the oil. It's hard to find just buy it off amazon. Buy 2 quarts. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-14-Piece-T-Handle-SAE-MM-Hex-Key-Set-HTHKSM14PCN/204153272 to remove the plug. I can't remember the size. 

hammer and a piece of wood that you can softly beat on with the hammer with while you push the race in. 

This is an email from extreme trailers with the part from etrailer. According to them it's the same part for grease as it is oil. I ordered 2 but haven't had to install them yet and yes I keep parts for a swap out in my truck. 

Follow his link. https://www.etrailer.com/question-373169.html they have it and they can ship to you direct. Mfg. Part number AD2528EO (168255TB)

Mario Lara

Extreme Custom Trailers