Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lets see those 2022 Malibu & Axis Boats!

Ronnie

4 hours ago, SCMike said:

My 25lsv arrived at the dealership yesterday. The sales guy sent me these two pics.   The dealer is going to do the 10 hour break in and first service for me, then detail it and ready it for delivery.  I’ll get more pics then.

75CA0B62-0EDB-4308-BE16-25FB8BA15686.jpeg

That looks great!  :rockon:

16 hours ago, SCMike said:

My 25lsv arrived at the dealership yesterday. The sales guy sent me these two pics.   The dealer is going to do the 10 hour break in and first service for me, then detail it and ready it for delivery.  I’ll get more pics then.

75CA0B62-0EDB-4308-BE16-25FB8BA15686.jpeg

4F051B92-1A41-4CAE-B63B-6C4D890A6A4A.jpeg

Is that Ebony or Ebony/Flake 

1 hour ago, AusBU said:

Nice looking boat 🤘🏼

Gracias!  I’ll post some more/better pics as soon as I get them from dealership. 

• Like 3
On 10/16/2021 at 1:58 AM, SCMike said:

The dealer is going to do the 10 hour break in and first service for me, then detail it and ready it for delivery.

Is this out of the kindness in their hearts, or is there a charge for this service?

Seems genius of them either way. If something dumb happens in the build and something falls off or needs a 1/4 turn with a screwdriver or a wrench, they can do it, and you'll never even know about it.

It's like they've been listening to their customers that post about the poor "F & F" (I hate the phrase so much, I can't even type it out) and they are trying to do something about it. My guess is that many of the "stupid" little issues happen at the very beginning. Cool that you don't have to worry about it. The break in period is a bit of a bummer in a boat you've probably waited a year to get into.  

50 minutes ago, BigCreek said:

Is this out of the kindness in their hearts, or is there a charge for this service?

Seems genius of them either way. If something dumb happens in the build and something falls off or needs a 1/4 turn with a screwdriver or a wrench, they can do it, and you'll never even know about it.

It's like they've been listening to their customers that post about the poor "F & F" (I hate the phrase so much, I can't even type it out) and they are trying to do something about it. My guess is that many of the "stupid" little issues happen at the very beginning. Cool that you don't have to worry about it. The break in period is a bit of a bummer in a boat you've probably waited a year to get into.  

Our dealer does this on all boats now.  They did the 10 hr break in on our current '21.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  We haven't had to work out ANY of the bugs that we had with the previous two other new Bu's we had bought from them.  

2 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Our dealer does this on all boats now.  They did the 10 hr break in on our current '21.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  We haven't had to work out ANY of the bugs that we had with the previous two other new Bu's we had bought from them.  

I think it's a great idea for dealers to do this.  However, with my dealer specifically, I would question the ability of their staff to do so correctly.  The water tested my current '21, but didn't check anything.  If that's the approach on a water test I would assume the same on a 10-hr.  A better dealer, like yours for example, would most likely catch everything that would arise in the first 10 hours.  

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, BigCreek said:

I have requested this on the boat I have on order. Heck, I told them to use it as a demo. Get it all worked out before i take delivery. I am 3 hours away so it doesn't make since for me to pick it up, put 10 hrs on a boat and then drive back a week later.

FWIW. I picked up my 2019, with .5 or so hours. When I took it in for the 10 hr service, IT NEEDED NOTHING!!

I hope my 2022 treats me the same.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I think it's a great idea for dealers to do this.  However, with my dealer specifically, I would question the ability of their staff to do so correctly.  The water tested my current '21, but didn't check anything.  If that's the approach on a water test I would assume the same on a 10-hr.  A better dealer, like yours for example, would most likely catch everything that would arise in the first 10 hours.  

I am hesitant with this approach as well.  I like to use those 10 hrs to learn the boat, and know what may be some problems.  I'd rather trust the break-in procedure is completed how I think it should be than to allow the dealer to use it as a demo for 10 hrs and primarily load it for surfing to all the potential new buyers.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, BigCreek said:

Is there a non-hidden cost for this service, or is it included in purchase price?

Not sure.  Not in it to sniff all this out (we have bought three new boats from them - keep in mind).  We pick up with 10 hrs and all the bugs are worked out which equals more time on the water and less stress.  #Winning  :cheers:

• Like 3
11 hours ago, BigCreek said:

I asked them to do it, and they agreed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

10 hours ago, bcoppess23 said:

I am hesitant with this approach as well.  I like to use those 10 hrs to learn the boat, and know what may be some problems.  I'd rather trust the break-in procedure is completed how I think it should be than to allow the dealer to use it as a demo for 10 hrs and primarily load it for surfing to all the potential new buyers.

In my experience there are always bugs that need to be worked out in the first few hours.  The way I figured it, was my dealer can work out those bugs for me, before I ever take delivery.  

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Not sure.  Not in it to sniff all this out (we have bought three new boats from them - keep in mind).  We pick up with 10 hrs and all the bugs are worked out which equals more time on the water and less stress.  #Winning  :cheers:

Agree!

• Like 2
11 hours ago, SCMike said:

In my experience there are always bugs that need to be worked out in the first few hours.  The way I figured it, was my dealer can work out those bugs for me, before I ever take delivery.  

I completely agree and can understand your reasoning behind it.  For you and your situation, having peace about getting that first service and gremils worked out, the better you can enjoy the machine.  Do they share with you what they may have fixed during that break-in or do you care?

I like to be able to know what those things are in the event they happen again in the future.  One example has been a stuck float in the portside L tank.  I discovered this issue during the break-in time and messed around for a few minutes trying to figure out how to solve it.  After getting it unstuck with a little fist banging on the side of the tank, I am now prepared for if/when it happens again and this time, with people in my boat - to which it had happened.  Yes, I would have later discovered it, but was better to figure out when not loaded with guests.

I like the idea of the service for those that wish to use it.  Would be curious if some dealers charge a fee for it.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:32 AM, Sparky450 said:

I have requested this on the boat I have on order. Heck, I told them to use it as a demo. Get it all worked out before i take delivery. I am 3 hours away so it doesn't make since for me to pick it up, put 10 hrs on a boat and then drive back a week later.

FWIW. I picked up my 2019, with .5 or so hours. When I took it in for the 10 hr service, IT NEEDED NOTHING!!

I hope my 2022 treats me the same.

Consider yourself blessed.  I couldn't even get to 10 hours on my 2021 before it had to go to the dealer.

2022 Malibu 25 LSV, close view of the boat in case anyone wants to pause and look at some different feature changes. This boat is all new for this year

Edited by RecreationCertified
16 hours ago, TyB said:

Good looking boat RCorsa!

I can’t wait for mine to get mine!  Finally have a spray date for December 8th.  Should have the boat by the end of the year.

Thanks.  Few of my buddies thought it was too boring but my M235 was really blinged out with flake and color so I wanted something different.    What specs/colors did you choose?  Any renderings?

Mine will be dark on the outside black and charcoal metal flake.  A lot of light charcoal and dark charcoal with a little black all cool touch on the inside.  As far as options we did most that people would expect on the M240, except the GX tower.  We have an RV garage with a 12’ tall door so I don’t think the tower will ever go down.

DFD5E26B-CBAA-4D43-8160-9930CF2A6CC6.png