Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Price Diff?

BCormican

The M220 comes in two main versions the "Core" and the "Premium."  The M240 only comes in the "Core," which has the same features as the "Premium" M220.

It isn't entirely clear what all of the differences are, but the Premium M220 does have the upgraded windshield (with side vents), the M series dash (functionally the same, but with different aesthetics), and the premium sound system.  The dealer and I couldn't figure out what the difference in the sound system is.  Maybe some extra speakers?  

I built three boats with my dealer.  M240, M220 premium, and M220 core.  I tried to keep them as close to the same as possible.  Paint and fabric was identical.  Mostly white, with Zephyr Blue Metallic, and Tuscan Gold Metallic above and below the rub rail.  Trailers included bow steps, no electric over hydraulic brakes, and small wheels.  I went pretty light on the trailer cosmetic features.  It is stunning just how much you can add to the cost by pimping the trailer.  I did delete the wake view bench from the M220 core,  I forgot to check if it was mandatory with the Premium M220.  

All were specified with the LT4, stern thruster, GX tower with 1 set of Rev 10's, one Sub, One set of PTM clampers, power seat, and manual flip down swim step.

MSRP came out to 

M240 with tri-axle trailer - $316,794

M240 with tandem trailer - $310,000

M220 Premium with tandem trailer - $278,000

M220 Core with tandem trailer - $268,820

2021-08-12 14.08.52.jpg

2021-08-12 14.09.01.jpg

• Like 2

When I ordered my 2021 23 LSV in Feb 2021 the MSRP was $188,509.  It was converted to a 2022 in May and I had to go through the reorder process with my dealer, the exact same boat (with the exception of the 170amp alternator upcharge) is now $208,699 MSRP.  

1 hour ago, MTSurf said:

When I ordered my 2021 23 LSV in Feb 2021 the MSRP was $188,509.  It was converted to a 2022 in May and I had to go through the reorder process with my dealer, the exact same boat (with the exception of the 170amp alternator upcharge) is now $208,699 MSRP.  

Say what! Is that with dealer discounts and Tax and license included?  

35 minutes ago, 4mc said:

1 hour ago, MTSurf said:

Did they hold your original number?

4 hours ago, 4mc said:

That is not the sale price...just the MSRP.  It was just to show the relative price increase from MY2021 to MY2022.  They didn't raise the final sale price to me either, so I essentially got a 2022 for the original quoted 2021 price which I worked a pretty good deal on to boot.

Edited by MTSurf
  • Like 3

My wife and I are DINKs(Dual income no kids) and the prices on these new boats make me shake my head😂. Gotta pay to play right?!!?  Even the half the Axis line is over 6 figures now. 
Not complaining, it’s worth every Penny to us. Just crazy to see the change from when we bought our first new Moomba over 12 years ago to now. 

6k seems like a lot for an axle. I thought the real cost was less than 2k?

speaking of which (not debating the functionality of 2 vs 3) does it seem ridiculous to do a triple on a M220?  Given the size, I would like the triple for shear peace of mind and tracking. I get it’s harder to back. Plus it’s baller status! Haha. Just curious if a 22.5 boat is too short?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, pauley71 said:

6k seems like a lot for an axle. I thought the real cost was less than 2k?

speaking of which (not debating the functionality of 2 vs 3) does it seem ridiculous to do a triple on a M220?  Given the size, I would like the triple for shear peace of mind and tracking. I get it’s harder to back. Plus it’s baller status! Haha. Just curious if a 22.5 boat is too short?

BINGO !!  $6794 for an axle.    An axle, a couple of wheels & tires.  😂 

When I was taking delivery of my 21, my dealer told me that he actually thought it would appreciate because he said Mailbu was basically going with a blanket 10% increase.  

There in no need for a triple axle on the M220 or the M240.  They look cool, and for resale value on the M240, a triple is probably necessary.  I chatted with the service guy about trailers, and he said, "take a walk with me."  We walked through the lot, and he showed me a trailer at the end of it.  He then asked which of the boats on the lot I noticed as we were walking through.  I told him, and he pointed out every one of them had cosmetic trailer upgrades, and were parked right next to similar boats without the upgrades.  While I see a trailer as completely utilitarian, he has a point about which boats will stand out on the lot and online.  At this price point, the trailer matters.