Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fender Pro install

nutoz

planning on installing couple of Phender pro for the bumpers. i have never seen one on malibu so can someone who has one tell me the factory  fore and aft location.

also from your experience, could the location be improved to accommodate different height of boats when tied up.

thanks

I had mine installed aftermarket.  One advice is, check where your dock cleats and cover line up.  If you plan to cover your boat and leave the buoys on, you will want ease of access over the cover.  Mark it with painters tape and adjust as needed.  Mine were installed in between both docking cleats.

I installed mine just behind the mid cleat for easy access from driver and observer seats, then just forward of the rear cleat.  On my 25 LSV the hull has a 'bevel' as it angles to the top deck, I placed them right in that spot.  It's where Malibu places the forward Pfender Pro.  The biggest thing to make sure is that you do not drill your holes and hit the wiring loom under the gunnels.  I triple checked my location and drilled very slowly as i was getting close to breaking through the inside.  They are a super easy install and look factory when completed.  I think it took me maybe an hour to do all 4.  They are a great addition, so convienent!