Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Depth Gauge no loner working

Have a 2004 Wakesetter VLX. 

Depth gauge is no longer responding. Talked with Lowerance and tried a ‘fix’ they suggested. No luck. Ugh. 

Looks like I will need to add a new depth gauge. 

Help…….

What model would you recommend and placement of the new gauge?

Huge thanks Malibu Crew!!!!

2 hours ago, NClakelife said:

Have a 2004 Wakesetter VLX. 

Depth gauge is no longer responding. Talked with Lowerance and tried a ‘fix’ they suggested. No luck. Ugh. 

Looks like I will need to add a new depth gauge. 

Help…….

What model would you recommend and placement of the new gauge?

Huge thanks Malibu Crew!!!!

I'm not sure what I would do if my depth finder quit working.  Just for completeness, what did Lowrance say to try?

Search on the site a bit.  There have been a number of guys that were able to replace the transducer to get the gauge working again.  Mine is still working at the moment but I should really dig into this project to have the parts on hand for when it decides to give up the ghost.  

Thank you everyone. My dealer spliced the wires and connected the new cable. Lowerance told them to place the puck back in the hull near the old one and it would read the depth through the hull. Unfortunately it didn’t work. 
Taking back to the dealer this week for more trouble shooting  / installation of an aftermarket depth finder. 

Will update what we find out. 

Huge thanks Crew. Everyone has been amazing since I became a Malibu owner not long ago. 👍🏼

52 minutes ago, NClakelife said:

Thank you everyone. My dealer spliced the wires and connected the new cable. Lowerance told them to place the puck back in the hull near the old one and it would read the depth through the hull. Unfortunately it didn’t work. 
Taking back to the dealer this week for more trouble shooting  / installation of an aftermarket depth finder. 

Will update what we find out. 

Huge thanks Crew. Everyone has been amazing since I became a Malibu owner not long ago. 👍🏼

Don't forget to become a supporting Crew Member.  You can get some discounts from supporting vendors and can directly add photos to your posts.