Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu and Nautique new releases

Sixer

I see Nautique released a new S23.  Looks a lot like a G, but has a traditional bow, much like the 23 LSV.  It's 300# heavier than the LSV, and starting MSRP is $155k.  It's almost like they made their "budget boat" to look like the LSV.  https://nautique.com/models/super-air-nautique-s23/overview

This also follows Malibu's release of the 21 LX, which Malibu made the bow similar to Nautique G line, and they market that as their "budget boat".  :lol:  https://www.malibuboats.com/boat/lx-series/wakesetter-21-lx.

I wonder if these are below the belt jabs at each other or just tactics to steal market share. Probably a little of both.

ahopkins22LSV

Idk if the S23 can be considering a jab to the 23LSV as it looks like it used styling from the 70’s and 80’s of a literal triangle and tug boat nose for the bow. Nothing “traditional” about the S23 in my opinion.

Comparing the Nautique S23 to the Malibu 21LX is not an apples to apples comparison.  The Malibu 21LX is an actual budget boat while the S23 is not.  The S23 is still more than their GS line, which is not a budget boat either.  I think the S23 is comparable to the G but with what they are considering a traditional bow.  I think Nautique also eliminated their 210 and 230 which were their traditional bow wake boats. 

martinarcher

That S23 has WAY too many hard edges and lines for my taste.....and my boat has a square windshield.  :lol:   Looks like a bar of soap begging to be used and smoothed out a bit.  

29 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

That new G looks awesome.

More impressed with the MC new releases.  That XT24 is nice.

I completely agree!  I was at our local MC dealer last night for their 50th anniversary party celebrating them selling MC for 50 years and looked very closely at both the XT23 and XT24.  The 24 is a very well executed boat and IMO, a much better offering that the XT23.  I'm demoing them both in the next week or so.  We love our 23 LSV, but a free ride on a demo boat is always good.  

The S23 is kind of strange to me.  It's bizarre looking.  Almost as though the stuck an ice breaker bow on a G23 hull that's 2" more narrow than the 23 LSV.  Just for grins, I built one out and while the MSRP is 155k, well equipped like our LSV the boat is 196.  

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, NWBU said:

I'm a traditional bow guy and also really like the G23 design, so was assuming I'd like the S23. I keep looking at it from different angles hoping I just saw a bad angle. Nope - It's not the angle of the pictures and it's giving Heyday a run as the worst looking towboat out right now.

The new heydays look better but the S23 looks like a tug boat and the cyber truck had a child

2 hours ago, Hemmy said:

Comparing the Nautique S23 to the Malibu 21LX is not an apples to apples comparison.  The Malibu 21LX is an actual budget boat while the S23 is not.  The S23 is still more than their GS line, which is not a budget boat either.  I think the S23 is comparable to the G but with what they are considering a traditional bow.  I think Nautique also eliminated their 210 and 230 which were their traditional bow wake boats. 

Right, I get that.  Just each company changing the bow to something that looks very similar to the competition.  I realize the S23 isn't marketed as a budget boat, but when compared to the G23 it's about 30k less from the start.  I didn't realize they finally dropped the 210 and 230.  

44 minutes ago, Sixer said:

Right, I get that.  Just each company changing the bow to something that looks very similar to the competition.  I realize the S23 isn't marketed as a budget boat, but when compared to the G23 it's about 30k less from the start.  I didn't realize they finally dropped the 210 and 230.  

S23 is also only 100" wide where nearly all other 23' offerings are 102" wide.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Slayer said:

S23 is also only 100" wide where nearly all other 23' offerings are 102" wide.

The bow on this boat would probably look even more awkward with the extra 2" width.  It's almost like the traditional bow part of this boat was a last minute design idea.  It's like they had 3/4's of the boat done and said wait a minute, let's make it a traditional bow instead of our typical Nautique style bow.  

Just now, Hemmy said:

The bow on this boat would probably look even more awkward with the extra 2" width.  It's almost like the traditional bow part of this boat was a last minute design idea.  It's like they had 3/4's of the boat done and said wait a minute, let's make it a traditional bow instead of our typical Nautique style bow.  

I completely agree.  I simply think it's terrible.  They would have been better off refining the SAN230 if they wanted to keep a traditional bow boat.  That was a great boat and a fantastic looking one at that.  

I have to admit I do like that on the Nautique website you can go build a boat and get a MSRP at the touch of your fingers vs going in and building with your dealer (or waiting for another crew member to post up the current MSRP sheet). 

• Like 2