Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ignition Control Module


Recommended Posts

I hope it is this easy...My 2001 Monsoon acts like it has water in the gas, (but only at low/mid RPMs and not all the time.  I had a similar issue a few years ago, not exect same, but also thought it was water in the gas then.  So I'm just going to replace the module again, hoping to do it more cheaply than getting the part at SKIDIM 

Does anyone know a car part number for a replacement electronic module for a Delco Distributor.

Here is the link to it on SKIDIM

https://skidim.com/module-delco-distributor.html

It is a std GM part I'm pretty sure (it says GM on it)

Thx, 'ski

Link to post
9 hours ago, iliketoski said:

I hope it is this easy...My 2001 Monsoon acts like it has water in the gas, (but only at low/mid RPMs and not all the time.  I had a similar issue a few years ago, not exect same, but also thought it was water in the gas then.  So I'm just going to replace the module again, hoping to do it more cheaply than getting the part at SKIDIM 

Does anyone know a car part number for a replacement electronic module for a Delco Distributor.

Here is the link to it on SKIDIM

https://skidim.com/module-delco-distributor.html

It is a std GM part I'm pretty sure (it says GM on it)

Thx, 'ski

Take it with you to the big box store and ask them to match it up.  It should be the same as a 1999 Suburban 5.7L.

Be sure to use plenty of thermal paste when you put it back on since they are heat sensitive.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Posted (edited)

Found it, Chevy 1995 5.7, the 1999 was a different style.  $48 versus $145  yea, and lifetime warranty.

Edited by iliketoski
Link to post
7 hours ago, iliketoski said:

Found it, Chevy 1995 5.7, the 1999 was a different style.  $48 versus $145  yea, and lifetime warranty.

What is the part number 

Link to post
electricjohn
19 hours ago, iliketoski said:

Found it, Chevy 1995 5.7, the 1999 was a different style.  $48 versus $145  yea, and lifetime warranty.

Where? Did you get the VIN engine code for that year? My '03 engine matches up to VIN code K for trucks.

Edited by electricjohn
added trucks
Link to post

Yup, that is the one!  I asked the parts counter guy if he was sure it was a match, he said definitely, GM only had a few different ones and they are visibly different from each other.

4 hours ago, electricjohn said:

Where? Did you get the VIN engine code for that year? My '03 engine matches up to VIN code K for trucks.

I didn't use a VIN code, Knowing it was a GM 5.7, I just checked several years until the part matched.

 

17 hours ago, Steve B. said:

Let us know if this improves your engine performance.

Steve B.

I just want it to run correctly, It would sputter at mid RPMs after it was hot (more than just operating temp), then it would sputter at low RPMs almost to the point of stalling.  Let it sit overnight and would start out good, then same thing.  I was thinking water in the gas, but fresh gas and several bottles of heat later, ruled that out, (especially since not doing at WOT).

Link to post

I did find out that the lifetime house brands do not hold up vs a true ac delco. 
Also double check the cleanliness of the bolts and surface. Help the grounding of it. 

Link to post
2 hours ago, cowwboy said:

I did find out that the lifetime house brands do not hold up vs a true ac delco. 
Also double check the cleanliness of the bolts and surface. Help the grounding of it. 

I'd be curious if anyone else has that experience.

Also, "cleanliness of the surface"?  You have to put thermal grease between the part and the distributor plate due to heat issues, so this doesn't make sense.

Link to post
On 8/11/2021 at 4:10 PM, iliketoski said:

I'd be curious if anyone else has that experience.

Also, "cleanliness of the surface"?  You have to put thermal grease between the part and the distributor plate due to heat issues, so this doesn't make sense.

I was more referring to the bolt hole ground and your bolts. On most of the them,  bolt hole is a ground. 

I ran into a problem due to a rusty bolt on a old firebird back in HS. 

http://gpzweb.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/Ignition/HeiModules/HeiModules.html

This page will help identifying them also 

Edited by cowwboy
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...