Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Battery Terminal Diagram?

I just bought a 2012 A20 but have no idea how to hook up the batteries.

Had a single battery ski boat before. Can anyone point me to a diagram for the terminals and switch?

@Bozboat I am guessing that the OP has a standard “Perko” 1-2-ALL switch. I don’t have a diagram for that, but it’s pretty straightforward on the (+) side: battery switch to battery 1 on switch post #1, battery switch to battery 2 on switch post #2, everything else** to battery switch common post.

**except stuff that is supposed to run even with battery switch in the OFF position, like bilge pump and anchor light (maybe also stereo Headunit yellow wire depending on the stereo).  That stuff needs to be wired straight to one of the batteries.

Edited by shawndoggy

Thank you, then there is a black wire that goes between the 2 batteries that connects to the (+) of both to bridge them right? Color is throwing me off I think.

Black generally denotes ground and should go to (-) not (+). 

That said, if you aren't sure what you are looking at, consulting a mechanic is way cheaper than replacing electronics that you fry by hooking the batteries up backwards.

Yea very true. That one black cord is throwing me off cause I looked I know it should be red but looking online it is different.