Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Spent a week on a 25LSV


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, EchelonMike said:

Just got back from 4 days on Norris Lake, on a friend's new 2021 Malibu 25LSV.  Wow, the boat is seriously impressive.  Other than drooling on them in the showroom, I have not spent much time actually using them on the water.  The controls/dash/screens are excellent.  The surf wave is holy smokes huge right out of the box.  Tons of space, the M6 is super quiet, and it's a lot more nimble and fun to whip around than I thought it would be.  In comparison, I drove a friend's G25 last year and nicknamed it "the dump truck" because it was about that much fun to drive.  :-) 

I'm an older Bu owner (2008 247 with Hammerhead) and the only thing I was not prepared for was the "gearing" of these new boats.  At 25-26 MPH, the M6 is turning 4000+ RPM.  My 247 is turning maybe 3000 RPM at that speed.  You definitely feel that at the fuel dock each day.  The price you pay for a big wave and room for a crowd.  :-)

3fDJABz.jpg

Hope everyone's having a great summer on the water!

       -- Mike

 

 

It is indeed a fantastic boat.  If it's turning those RPM's, I would suggest it may not be propped correctly.  That 2:1, particularly at the elevation of Norris, would benefit from the 2805.  It will bring the RPM down at cruising speeds and surfing speeds and in no way would impede its ability to get out of the hole.  I put one on my 23 LSV and it's worlds better than the "standard" prop. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post

Thanks for the prop feedback, I didn't ask him what prop he ordered with the boat; I'll crawl under it next trip when it's on the lift and see what they put on her from the factory.

Link to post
  • 1 month later...
On 8/4/2021 at 8:10 PM, EchelonMike said:

Just got back from 4 days on Norris Lake, on a friend's new 2021 Malibu 25LSV.  Wow, the boat is seriously impressive.  Other than drooling on them in the showroom, I have not spent much time actually using them on the water.  The controls/dash/screens are excellent.  The surf wave is holy smokes huge right out of the box.  Tons of space, the M6 is super quiet, and it's a lot more nimble and fun to whip around than I thought it would be.  In comparison, I drove a friend's G25 last year and nicknamed it "the dump truck" because it was about that much fun to drive.  :-) 

I'm an older Bu owner (2008 247 with Hammerhead) and the only thing I was not prepared for was the "gearing" of these new boats.  At 25-26 MPH, the M6 is turning 4000+ RPM.  My 247 is turning maybe 3000 RPM at that speed.  You definitely feel that at the fuel dock each day.  The price you pay for a big wave and room for a crowd.  :-)

3fDJABz.jpg

Hope everyone's having a great summer on the water!

       -- Mike

 

 

What did you think about the difference in the interior size compared to the 247?  We are considering upgrading and when we went and looked at them we’re surprised that the interior felt more cramped. 

Link to post
58 minutes ago, Ccceric said:

What did you think about the difference in the interior size compared to the 247?  We are considering upgrading and when we went and looked at them we’re surprised that the interior felt more cramped. 

I thought it felt pretty huge, mainly because the freeboard is so much higher than on the 247.  And I could see how the higher freeboard might actually make it feel smaller to some.  We only had 6 on the boat for about 4 days so we had an abundance of space when I was on it.  The storage under the seats are probably 2x or 3x deeper too.  I loved it.  :-) 

Link to post

Thanks!!  It felt smaller between the seats, but the seats were deeper for sure. I never thought about the freeboard adding to the smaller feel. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
2 hours ago, Ccceric said:

Thanks!!  It felt smaller between the seats, but the seats were deeper for sure. I never thought about the freeboard adding to the smaller feel. 

I think a member here a few years ago noticed the same and stated the floor space is a bit smaller.  I can't recall if it was measured or he had an air mattress that fit on the floor of a 247, but not the 25LSV.    Beams are the same, so if that is the case, the seating/storage area must be a little wider.   

  • Like 1
Link to post

Yes it's significantly LESS floor space than the 1st gen 25lsv..  that's why i never upgraded.. they added the foor space to the seats so it def more cramped trying to walk around things/ppl/feet etc. I forgot the measurements but there is several sqft less floor space.. if you jump in an older one then newer one back to back.. it's very noticeable. There is 1 less butt: and rated space vs older models; but reality is it's about 2+ less due to seating/corners design etc... 

I still wanted to upgrade being 5yrs and warranty expiring... Showed the wife a new 25 she got in and said she didn't want a 23..  😂 i said it's a 25 same size as ours.. she said no it's not, it's smaller than ours.. hard to argue with the boss..She was sort of correct... So my upgrade hopes got shot down instantly and it ended there.. 

Then she goes and buys a 25ft tritoon because it's way bigger than our 25 lsv wake boat 😂 ..

Thanks Jack....I'm blaming my lack of surfing the next 2 seasos on you delaying the 27 until late 2023! 😂

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
9 hours ago, hethj7 said:

I think a member here a few years ago noticed the same and stated the floor space is a bit smaller.  I can't recall if it was measured or he had an air mattress that fit on the floor of a 247, but not the 25LSV.    Beams are the same, so if that is the case, the seating/storage area must be a little wider.   

I'm putting my 247 on a lift next to Joe's 25 LSV so I'll have to measure it out...now y'all have me curious.  

Link to post
27 minutes ago, Sixer said:

You still have the 25, not just a pontoooooon right?

 

Yes, so when the 27 is released i can sell both and get a 27!  I'm betting my 25 gets less than 10hrs next year. Tubing , skiing, sandbar, cruising will likely all be done in the toon being smoother and more comfortable for those activities.. the surf boat will be for planned surfing.. or just on the lift and look pretty.. 

 

 

Edited by The Hulk
Link to post
56 minutes ago, EchelonMike said:

I'm putting my 247 on a lift next to Joe's 25 LSV so I'll have to measure it out...now y'all have me curious.  

I think their was 6" less or few in" per side.. if you measure from the walls below seats and also inside wall of seats because the overhang is different a bit also..  someone posted the measurements on one of the post.. probably a few yrs back though

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...