Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I have a 2012 Response TXi with 250 hours on it. The other day after  footing for an hour, the boat slowed down and said service required. And I turned off the service required but it came back five minutes later.  The oil pressure was up to 79 and the Temp bounced around but hit 175 F.  Once we got back and I Brought up the fault code and this is what I got. If we had just replaced the impeller last month and the transmission cooler was not blocked. And I’ve replaced are the spark plugs and oil . Any ideas out there?

A3588005-1963-475F-9E0E-284E95C89B2E.jpeg

Cylinder 7 misfire would not be likely to be related to cooling, mostly ignition

• Refill Gas (especially if old or from a single source); Strongly consider adding some Heet or other fuel additive
  • How many hours since the last distributor cap change?

You've replaced the spark plugs, so that is unlikely unless the spark plug wire has come loose.

The alarm will continue every 5-6 minutes until you have gone through 3 full cool down/heat up cycles.

FYI - there is a misfire calibration available for the 2012 engines which had an overly sensitive misfire detection.  Might be worth looking into once you have checked your plug, wire and cap for cylinder 7

Have you owned the boat for a while?  First time you have seen this?

• Like 1

The Boat is new to me. We are checking the spark plug wires today. Distributor cap makes sense too. We have put fresh gas with marine stable in the last fill-up. We are going out this morning to see how it runs. Smiley Steve not sure how old the distributor cap is. We already have had to tighten the motor mounts, raise the engine due to the shaft rubbing on the stuffing box. Also change the impeller and had an exhaust manifold gasket go on us. So a lot more work than I thought this boat was going to be. Old Jeep, Thanks for the input. How and where do I find the misfire calibration?

2 hours ago, Skimikeskiski said:

The Boat is new to me. We are checking the spark plug wires today. Distributor cap makes sense too. We have put fresh gas with marine stable in the last fill-up. We are going out this morning to see how it runs. Smiley Steve not sure how old the distributor cap is. We already have had to tighten the motor mounts, raise the engine due to the shaft rubbing on the stuffing box. Also change the impeller and had an exhaust manifold gasket go on us. So a lot more work than I thought this boat was going to be. Old Jeep, Thanks for the input. How and where do I find the misfire calibration?

Your local dealer would have to update the ECM for you if the misfire calibration is appropriate for your boat.

That is a lot of things going wrong on a boat with few hours.  Did you get any sort of service records with the boat?

No records, but I do  know it had been trailered a lot. Got a great deal on it, so I  guess putting a few hours work in should’ve been expected. Not sure whether it was the gas with marine stable or the new spark plugs getting things into shape, but the boat is running great now.. just need to figure out how to turn the radio on, but as long as I can ski I’m happy. When I take it in at the end of the season I’ll have the dealer check and update the ECM. Thanks guys for all the help