Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rockford Fosgate Echo

Pstangle86

I have a 6 speaker Rockford Fosgate + Subwoofer in my 2013 VTX. The stereo sounds like there is a echo when using Bluetooth, and it doesn’t sound much better with an audio cable. Additionally, the subwoofer seems to contribute very little. It does not change much or at all when using the remote dial to adjust the volume. Both amps look like they have power. Does anyone have the same issue? Anyone able to resolve the issue? I would hate to buy new speakers, and have it end up being the Head unit, or amps.

So the weird anomaly is only on BT and 3.5MM AUX mode? Tuner and USB sound normal? IIRC, the BT receiver on that year, is a separate component from the main media unit. It also shares the same inputs as the 3.5MM. 

Been awhile, but I think the sub pre-out output can be turned on or off. May just be off. Next, you'd want to revisit the amp settings for the woofer. You can ohm out the woofer to make sure its not blown.    

Correct, when listening to FM, the distortion/echo seems to be gone, or greatly reduced. I can tell that the sub woofer is working, and it is fairly noticeable when I turn the subwoofer off completely. When it is on, it seems to contribute very little. I will get a multimeter and see if I can see if it is blown. Wish there were adjustments on the Amps. I didn’t expect the stereo to be a audiophile quality, but I wish it was at least clear.

So it sounds like the woofer pre-outs are on and the amp is working and the woofer's coil is at least not an open circuit. Amp tune is where id go next. With that said..........that gen boat is known for the absolute horrid woofer "enclosure" from the factory. They are full of holes and about 40% undersized. With these two factors, the woofer will never perform to its potential. 

Id want to separate the BT and AUX and run each into the media unit with the other taken out of the loop. If the issue is still present with only one hooked up at a time, then its pretty much pointing to the media unit.