Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Service code 639 Bad Intelligent Device or Comp

2014 Malibu Response TX when stared with key pad it will run for about 5 min. then a beep the will engine will shut down and service required will come up on the display. I can restart by pushing the power button, enter the start code, push start the engine run perfect for another 3 to 4 min then shuts down.

If I use the key to start the engine it will beep at about 6 min but will not shutdown.

I replaced the ECM but it didn't help.

any ideas how how to fix it?

Thanks

I was afraid of that.

Do you know where I can get a wiring diagram?

Without a wiring diagram I guess I should start at the ECM disconnect and inspect each cable connection and work my way to the touch screen.

I would start with the connections on the battery, battery switch, starter, and battery ground at the engine.  Then check the main boat to engine harness plug and ignition switch.  See if any cables, wires, or connection pins are loose, corroded, wet, or easy to pull out of the connector.

The SPN 639 FMI 12 fault on the Indmar single plug ECM happens when the CAN Rx or Tx circuit is not transmitting correct data or more than 1 device on the CAN is trying to use the same address.

There are no published diagnostic procedures from Indmar, so it is likely they would need to be contacted for support and they will likely refer you to your local dealer.

Indmar has engine wiring diagrams available to their dealers, but you may need permission directly from Indmar to get one (or become a dealer).

Malibu does not have wiring diagrams, but they do have harness diagrams.  They are also proprietary and you would need to get permission to use them (or become a dealer).