Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Share your opinions on which color is better...


Recommended Posts

ZephyrBlueBu
11 hours ago, 4mc said:

My dealer indicated the color was cool saddle brown.  Evidently it is lighter than the sepia brown in the pics. I don't see that option on the Malibu Boat Builder online.  I think the cool saddle brown is because of the cool touch fabric.  Anyone see that in a boat before?

We had the sepia brown in our last boat 2019 25 LSV and it held up quite well. Couple of scuffs from the dog’s nails. Friends of ours have the cool touch saddle brown. The color is slightly lighter shade but the material feels like higher quality. Has some texture on surface of fabric similar to leather as opposed the the smooth slick surface of the standard vinyl. 
 

We went with saddle brown cool touch with black cool touch accents. Spray date last 7/27 so looking for it to arrive shortly. 

Link to post
9 hours ago, ZephyrBlueBu said:

We had the sepia brown in our last boat 2019 25 LSV and it held up quite well. Couple of scuffs from the dog’s nails. Friends of ours have the cool touch saddle brown. The color is slightly lighter shade but the material feels like higher quality. Has some texture on surface of fabric similar to leather as opposed the the smooth slick surface of the standard vinyl. 
 

We went with saddle brown cool touch with black cool touch accents. Spray date last 7/27 so looking for it to arrive shortly. 

I know it’s not brown, but figured I’d share this pic anyway to visually demonstrate exactly what you described. My boat has “cool touch” on the black and gray vinyl, but not on the azure blue accent (because it’s not offered). As you can see in this pic, the black and gray “cool touch” have a “pebble” texture to it. The azure blue is smooth because it’s standard vinyl. I like this pic because it’s easy to spot the difference. 

For what it’s worth, it cost about $2300 msrp to do this to the interior (probably closer to $2500 in 2022). Was it worth it…?  Only you can decide. But it DOES stay cooler, even in the hot sun just sitting there. I wouldn’t say it’s “cool” as it still warms up. But you can sit on it without burning yourself. 

2DDAFD53-5087-495D-998F-6C5F44A3BA09.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
ZephyrBlueBu
11 hours ago, IXFE said:

I know it’s not brown, but figured I’d share this pic anyway to visually demonstrate exactly what you described. My boat has “cool touch” on the black and gray vinyl, but not on the azure blue accent (because it’s not offered). As you can see in this pic, the black and gray “cool touch” have a “pebble” texture to it. The azure blue is smooth because it’s standard vinyl. I like this pic because it’s easy to spot the difference. 

For what it’s worth, it cost about $2300 msrp to do this to the interior (probably closer to $2500 in 2022). Was it worth it…?  Only you can decide. But it DOES stay cooler, even in the hot sun just sitting there. I wouldn’t say it’s “cool” as it still warms up. But you can sit on it without burning yourself. 

2DDAFD53-5087-495D-998F-6C5F44A3BA09.jpeg

Great pic, exactly what I was trying to describe. On our 2022, total coat for the cool touch upgrade was $2,688 MSRP. This is for everything. Our interior is a combo of cool saddle brown and cool ebony. 

Link to post

It's interesting to me, that textured "cool touch" vinyl looks exactly like the vinyl that was standard on my 2014.  I'm sure there's more to it, but from a quick glance I see the old vinyl re-branded.  

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Sixer said:

It's interesting to me, that textured "cool touch" vinyl looks exactly like the vinyl that was standard on my 2014.  I'm sure there's more to it, but from a quick glance I see the old vinyl re-branded.  

I thought the same thing when I took delivery of my boat…

“So wait, I just spent $2k to get the old stuff??” 

  • Haha 3
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...