Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Share your opinions on which color is better...

4mc

Your boat, your money, get what “you like” ! Having said that, IMO neither one is a lame color so you really can’t go wrong either way. The Nasau (top pic?) is nice but generally a muted color in comparison and probably double muted paired with a non-metallic Nasau base and especially with a Sepia or other brown interior. No pop as it were. The Nasau will shine in the sun from certain angles the other blue will scream at you in the same conditions I imagine. I personally like the other blue with the white hull and or hull accents. I will never get another boat with a black hull base interior. It shows everything to include the scuffs. I had a white deck base on my 2010 and it never consistently looked as dirty as my black 2019 does. If you go Nasau, maybe not so much Nasau. Kind of the same situation for the Azure blue metallic that I have been seeing a lot of lately. I love the color but, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing when it comes to color. JM2C good luck putting it together.

I like them both, but think the darker seems to pop more because of the contrast difference with the white...but just my opinion, you should probably weigh more heavily the opinions of those that will be riding in it and/or helping pay for it!!

7 hours ago, wdr said:

. I will never get another boat with a black hull base interior. It shows everything to include the scuffs

And this is why colors are so subjective. Everyone says black is hard to clean. It shows everything. Well we ride the Dirty D. I will NEVER have a white interior, boat, or floor. 
I have recently been running a White 16’ runabout. That little white boat showed SOOO much dirt after just 24 hrs on the water. 
I so wish Malibu offered black Seadeck. My grey turned brown in a very short time just from the dirt that is in our water. 
I have shown people pictures of my black boat after 3 days on the water and they said 

“Oh, I thought it would be worse. 

when I ordered mine. I finally found one on only inboards like I was going to order  As soon as I saw that pic I changed my design.

Bottom line as stated above. It is your boat get what you want. And boat builder pics don’t do any of the colors justice. For that matter. No pics do the colors justice. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, 4mc said:

Here is the metallic dark blue with the White Tower and deck.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LVf2H64AguKzXfk57

That white tower looks good but we trailer every weekend. I could not deal with the bugs. 
Black doesn’t show bugs either. 

I need to circle back on this  I am not trying to be insensitive.

That blue with the white tower really does pop. But in the environment that we ride. It would not look good for very long. Or it would require so much work to keep clean, that it would take the fun out of it for me.
I am just trying to point out that everyone has different opinions and it is your boat. Your opinion, and the opinion of the people involved with the boat are all that really matters  

Edited by Sparky450

That white tower looks good but we trailer every weekend. I could not deal with the bugs.

I wasn’t going to smack the elephant in the room in the nose, but since you did. Yeh, the bugs can get deep even on a river run. On a recommendation from a friend who is the parts manager at an SXS dealership, I have started using the SC1 spray for my RZR on my black tower to repel bugs. I have been pretty impressed with it.

7 minutes ago, wdr said:

That white tower looks good but we trailer every weekend. I could not deal with the bugs.

I wasn’t going to smack the elephant in the room in the nose, but since you did. Yeh, the bugs can get deep even on a river run. On a recommendation from a friend who is the parts manager at an SXS dealership, I have started using the SC1 spray for my RZR on my black tower to repel bugs. I have been pretty impressed with it.

And I have recently started using 303 on the tower as well. Talk about a deep black shine. I actually got the idea from my Pace Edwards cover on my truck. 
Also for that Bimini that won’t slide. Try 303 on it. I found that out while I was detailing to sell.  You heard it from me first😂😂

18 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

And this is why colors are so subjective. Everyone says black is hard to clean. It shows everything. Well we ride the Dirty D. I will NEVER have a white interior, boat, or floor. 
I have recently been running a White 16’ runabout. That little white boat showed SOOO much dirt after just 24 hrs on the water. 
I so wish Malibu offered black Seadeck. My grey turned brown in a very short time just from the dirt that is in our water. 
I have shown people pictures of my black boat after 3 days on the water and they said 

“Oh, I thought it would be worse. 

when I ordered mine. I finally found one on only inboards like I was going to order  As soon as I saw that pic I changed my design.

Bottom line as stated above. It is your boat get what you want. And boat builder pics don’t do any of the colors justice. For that matter. No pics do the colors justice. 

I agree. I would never own another white boat. Yeah black shows everything, so what? Even dirty and scratched it exudes awesomeness!

No bugs on our boat, at least during day when we're usually on it. Black tower on a white boat.  Not a lot of work.  Isn't that what it's all about?  Fun and relaxation.

My dealer indicated the color was cool saddle brown.  Evidently it is lighter than the sepia brown in the pics. I don't see that option on the Malibu Boat Builder online.  I think the cool saddle brown is because of the cool touch fabric.  Anyone see that in a boat before?

I like the top as well.  I was on dealers demo boat this weekend and it had the Mojave Brown soft grip and accent color it was really sharp. I've never been a fan of the sepia brown.

2 hours ago, 4mc said:

Here is one more color scheme.  I am leaning toward the singe white stripe in the pics above with the Nassau Blu Metallic.  But now considering this also...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yxMgjbFefLfzPwBWA

I think you are right to look at the single stripe.  That looks too busy, and just doesn't seem pleasing to the eye.  I am sure I would grow to love it in person, but looking at it on the trailer it would be layered from top to bottom something like this: 

Black (bimini)

white tower 

blue deck 

white deck

blue stripe

white stripe 

blue bottom stripe 

white bottom 

black trailer and tires

That is just way too many transitions, IMHO.